Front-end Web Developer (HTML & CSS Specialist)
at MyFutureNow in Dublin
(€35000 - €45000 per year)
MyFutureNow is a pension tracing and consolidation service that locates workplace and personal pensions that have been lost or disconnected from the policyholder. Users of our service can also consolidate the pensions that we trace, to make their pension pot easier to manage and give them a better return when they retire.
We are looking for an experienced front-end web developer, to help us develop new customer-led features, and to improve our current service both functionally and visually.
We need someone who is smart, organised, motivated and gets things done. Someone who wants to work in a startup environment and likes the idea of doing a bit of everything and taking ownership of what they work on. Someone with ideas about everything, isn’t afraid to argue their point (while respecting everyone else’s of course) and is constantly thinking “How can we do this better?”.
Who you are:
- You have at least 2 years of commercial experience working as a front-end developer.
- Your interest in development extends past coding; you have a passion for products and a perspective on user experience and product design.
- An independent streak is essential – although you will work closely with other members of our team, you will be required at times to drive work forward without being spoon-fed.
- Ideally you have already worked within a development team using web frameworks such as Ruby-on-Rails or Elixir-Phoenix, as you will be assisting our back-end development team with the integration of your front-end code with the rest of the application.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate closely with our UX designers, strategists, CTO and back-end developers, to turn ideas into working features.
- Develop our products and services across web, mobile, and other touch devices (HTML web application, native mobile not required)
- Work using “Source Control” (i.e. Github) and “Pull Requests” to ensure a high level of quality in your code and an excellent end product for our customers.
- Use Agile techniques to iteratively ship products in a small, self-organised team.
How to apply:
- This position will be based in our Dublin office, but regular visits to our London and Bristol offices will are required. Some remote working may be possible, but we are not looking for fully-remote developers.
- If you have done any open-source work, links (e.g. Github projects) would be welcome. However, we recognise that not all companies allow such work, and absence of this will not be counted against your application.
- This is a permanent, salaried position. Salary will based on experience.
- No recruitment companies please.