at JustPark in London
Why is the Operations Manager important to us at JustPark?
To banish the parking headache once and for all, we strive to provide our drivers with a wide range of parking spaces to choose from. This means we run car parks of different shapes and sizes – from single spaces to multi-storey car parks.
The smooth running of these assets are fundamental to the success of our operation. When a driver books a parking space through JustPark we want their experience to be smooth and stress free, and the Operations Manager will help us achieve this by ensuring all of our locations are well maintained and running well.
This is a great opportunity to work within an extremely fast growing company and accelerate your learning.
JustPark is reinventing parking for the digital age. Our mission is to make parking easy – helping drivers save time, avoid stress and enjoy an easy journey every time. Our 5-star apps help you find a space in seconds, whenever and wherever you need it – and even let you reserve and pay seamlessly at 20,000+ locations.
Winners of Sir Richard Branson’s VOOM competition, backed by BMW and Index Ventures (Facebook, JustEat, Dropbox) and chosen as one of WIRED’s hottest European startups, JustPark’s award-winning service is trusted by over 1.5 million drivers – with the highest-rated apps and fastest payments in the sector.
JustPark is The Parking App leading the disruption of a £50bn global industry – and we’d love you to join us on this exciting journey. Plus, with unlimited holiday, generous stock options and free chef-cooked lunches every day on offer, we think you might too…
We are a team of 35, with the majority working out of our office in Kentish Town – which is easily accessed via the Northern Line, Thameslink or London Overground.
With table tennis in the office, quarterly away days and finishing early on Fridays for team drinks, we combine a fun and relaxed atmosphere with a driven and motivated group of people that are all committed to helping JustPark succeed.
As an Operations Manager, your role will include but not be limited to:
- Own the relationship with key suppliers including signage providers, technical equipment providers and installation managers
- Operations Manager oversees technical installations of equipment (ANPR camera, digital payment kiosks, access control systems, etc. Find out more about our technical solutions here: www.justpark.com/car-park-management
- Ensure onboarding of new locations is smooth and every location has the best chance of success
- Working with our partner suppliers and account managers to organise regular patrols and checks of our key locations
- Performing and coordinating risk assessments and health and safety checks, and implementing processes to manage these as we grow
- You will be working very closely with our awesome team of Account Managers to get new sites set up and running smoothly
- You will work with the Customer Happiness team who will be the link between the car park and the drivers, responding to driver feedback and implementing changes
- Demonstrable intellectual acumen (in the form of a degree and/or 3+ years professional experience)
- Extensive project management experience
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Positive attitude and willingness to get your hands dirty
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Thrive when juggling multiple projects at once
- Ability to listen carefully and understand requirements
- Proven attention to detail
- Self motivated and able to work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Full UK driving licence
- A salary that is actually competitive
- Generous stock options to match
- Free lunch every day, cooked by our in-house chef (check out her Instagram: whatsjuliecooking)
- Flexible working – our normal working hours are 9 to 6 but we trust you to manage your time if something different works for you
- Laptop of your choice, you’ll just need to let us know whether you prefer Windows or Apple
- External training, conferences, and professional development sponsored by the company
- Quarterly team Away Days
- Early finish Friday for team drinks
- A monthly allowance to spend on parking at JustPark spaces
Recent jobs at JustPark
- Business Development Manager - South West at JustPark in London 08-11-2017
- Junior Account Manager at JustPark in London 13-11-2017