Angular / front-end developer
at Appraisd in London
We welcome contract to permanent applications too
We are Appraisd, and we’ve built a fantastic tool used by 100’s of organisations to improve the way employees are managed, developed and engaged.
Although we’re a very small team, you could call us an established start up. We’re funded entirely by our customers. There’s no hype, we simply sell a great product.
What are we looking for?
We’re looking for an experienced front-end developer to work directly with me (the founder) and our CTO and UI designer to make a step-change to Appraisd’s front end architecture and design. We have heaps of interesting challenges to solve, many of which you’ll have never come across before so you’ll need to be creative!
This is an opportunity to advise us on and build using the very latest in front-end patterns and libraries. We want you to bring your experience and knowledge gained from other projects you’ve worked on to the table, although you’ll need to learn new tricks too. There will be plenty of discussion and debate, so if you’re looking to make an impact, grow and learn, this is the place to be. I personally see this as a vital role and am excited about the prospect of someone filling the seat.
- Outstanding native HTML, LESS or SCSS – minimum 3 years professional experience
- Min 2 years experience with Angular
- CSS animation
- Bootstrap 2.3 and 3 experience
- Gulp / Node / other build tools
- Cross-browser performance testing and optimisation
- Testing methodologies
- Agile / Scrum (you could be in charge of implementing new ways of working here)
- Ability to get stuff done to a high level quickly
- Handy: .NET MVC and C#, Visual Studio, SQL, Azure etc.
- Also essential: Excellent communications skills, ability to think about and discuss the business case for making changes, knows when to be pragmatic and when to be strategic, can be dispassionate about a particular technology and not let your experience or enthusiasm bias your strategic thinking.
Appraisd is responsive so you’ll need to write both for desktop and mobile – although most of our users view Appraisd on their desktops.
We can we offer you?
Needless to say we’ll pay you a great wage (please send us your expected salary and current pay) and you’ll work in our very friendly and attractive Kentish Town warehouse office with our small but happy and enthusiastic growing team.
The main thing about working here is being treated like an adult! You’ll be given a lot of responsibility and autonomy as well as plenty of support. You will see the impact of your work, develop your skills and be inspired by others around you. Most of all it will be fun and engaging.
To get the ball rolling, please get in touch with your CV plus examples of work you’ve done already. Please also let us know…
– what frameworks and libraries you’ve used before or are interested in
– any Codepen stuff you’ve done
– an opinion of our website our app
– what is your expected salary and availability.
To start as soon as possible at our office in Kentish Town.
Absolutely no agencies please, we’ve had a lot of success posting jobs like this one and don’t need any help or phone calls.
Recent jobs at Appraisd
- Experienced Front-End developer needed! at Appraisd in London 26-10-2017
- Support our ops and sales process at Appraisd in London 30-11-2017