Junior Full Stack Developer
at Hero in London
Make an impact in a rapidly growing retail technology business. Hero is powering LIVE Shopping for global retailers including Harvey Nichols, Heals and John Hardy. Described by Business Insider as like “WhatsApp for shopping“, Hero uses messaging, live video and AI to connect online shoppers with associates in-store, transforming the role of the store for 21st century retail.
Our team are on a mission to change the way the world shops by building the ecommerce layer for physical retail. Headquartered in London’s Fitzrovia, Hero was founded in 2015 by the pioneers of app commerce and is privately-funded by global retail and technology investors including early ASOS investors. Hero has been featured by Apple, WGSN and The Times.
Hero is looking for someone to work across our platform front end, back end and internal projects. Working alongside our highly motivated team of designers, engineers, data scientists and retail specialists under the supervision of our Senior Full Stack Engineer.
Work across our platform front end, back end, management information systems and our own shiny website
Build our applications in a robust, clean and manageable way; providing the strongest possible base for expanding and growing the product in future
Build out APIs and backend systems to support front end web and mobile developers
Manipulate and support in management of our databases
- University degree in a technical subject, preferably computer science
- A talented developer with experience of building customer facing digital products
- Preferably a working knowledge of HTML, CSS, React, Elastic Search and Parse
- Excellent at collaborating with a full development team of designers and engineers
- Unit-testing code for robustness, including edge cases and usability
- Working to continuously optimise performance
- Make an impact in a rapidly growing start-up
- Work with a talented team of people who love what they do
- A competitive salary and stock options in the company
- A shiny new MacBook Pro, big screen and all the software you need
- A chance to work in a vibrant and creative environment (we work in a beautiful Georgian townhouse opposite a private park) with plenty of team lunches and social events
- All the coffee and tea you can drink
Recent jobs at Hero
- Account Manager (Mid Level) at Hero in London 22-11-2017
- Data and Analytics Manager at Hero in London 14-12-2017