Developer and Data Analyst Role (London or Remote)*
at CommuterClub in London
Developer and Data Analyst Role (London or Remote)
Do you want to help build one of the UK’s Hottest FinTech and TravelTech companies? We are looking for an experienced, PHP Developer and Data Analyst to support a remodel of our data structure. Work directly with our CTO and founder to build the foundation for the next stage of our system.
We are a fun, entrepreneurial and passionate business that is looking to disrupt how people pay for their trip to work. We are growing quickly with over £30mn of tickets processed to date, thousands of happy customers and big pipeline of new product innovation. We recently raised £2.5mn from leading UK angels and investors such Peter Jackson (CEO Travelex), Will Becker (founder Totally Money) Anthony Gutman (Co-Head Goldman IBD), Kevin Reynolds (co-founder Brigepoint).
This is a part-time project role that could lead to full-time offer upon successful completion. The role will be focused on restructuring and improving our transaction data structure to make these processes more efficient and optimised for scale.
You will report directly to our CTO and will take on real ownership to review our data architecture, design a new model and shift our data to the new structure using a combination of PHP and SQL. The role can be remote and you will use Telegram, Skype, Assembla and phone to stay involved with the team and form part of the daily workflow.
What we are looking for
We are looking for an experienced developer with experience in data analysis and design:
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in transactional technology-driven organisations, ideally banking, credit or payments.
- You love working with LAMP / WAMP (Linux, PHP5, MySQL, Apache) and are comfortable writing complex SQL queries.
- You have a deep understanding of data architecture and use SQL and PHP to manipulate and restructure data.
- You want to get your hands dirty into detailed transactional data and work through non-happy path use cases.
- Experience in consuming API (AWS, Stripe, Sendgrid, Twillio and more) as well as supporting our own API
- Experience with SVN environment
- Preferably university-level degree in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or Mathematics.
- Remote or London based.
- Strong communication skills with working knowledge of English
Above all we want real drive and motivation to solve complex problems and create great code that will be rapidly tested and deployed.
About our stack
We have to stay nimble while delivering mission-critical code. To do so we constantly prioritise keeping both our stack and our codebase lean.
We build simple, reliable systems on top of technologies we understand and trust. We’re primarily built in PHP using MVC principles, and we rely on MySQL and Apache to keep things running.
Our server is cloud-hosted using AWS and we operate a robust infrastructure structure environment to ensure minimal downtime and high reliability for our transactional system.
The team is lean and we deploy many times a day, supported by a test suite we trust and a culture of code review. Our motto is fail fast, fail often and we are always incrementally improving our code and platform.
Recent jobs at CommuterClub
- B2B Sales at CommuterClub in London 12-01-2018
- Retention and Customer Services Associate at CommuterClub in London 12-01-2018
- Customer Service Associate at CommuterClub in London 19-01-2018