Junior In-House Graphic Designer
at Mrs Wordsmith in London
(₤25000 - ₤35000 per year)
Junior In-House Graphic Designer
London, England, United Kingdom · Design
Our mission is to illustrate the 10,000 words that matter for academic success, so children fall in love with learning.
Mrs Wordsmith is one of the fastest-growing startups in the UK, used and loved by teachers, parents, and students.
The team is made up of engineers, designers, linguists, and educators from around the world, with deep backgrounds in public and private schools, as well as from Cambridge University’s leading Natural Language Processing Group, Criteo, Oxford University Press, Peak Labs, and more.
Launched in 2016 and based in London, United Kingdom, Mrs Wordsmith is a subscription service that helps young people accelerate their vocabulary through visual learning. The words students encounter on the 10,000 Word Journey are illustrated by the award-winning artists behind Madagascar and Hotel Transylvania.
We are looking for a talented graphic designer to create delightful content for our brand, business, and customers.
We need an enthusiastic visual communicator who can help us implement our brand identity across marketing and commercial channels.
This is a full-time in-house role, not suitable for freelancers.
About the role
The role includes:
- Developing inspired visual assets that work towards creative and commercial goals
- Preserving and refining a strong brand and visual identity within existing guidelines
- Collaborating with Growth, Curriculum, Operations, and Development teams to produce fresh, strategic content
- Being comfortable in a production environment to assist the design team through product deadlines and print cycles
- You have an impressive portfolio of work that exhibits technical skill and creativity
- Willing to get hands dirty and deliver in a dynamic, start-up environment
- Experience working across both print and digital
- Passionate about graphic design and typography
- Excited about ambitious goals and willing to do anything to make them happen
- You’re a self-starter that thrives in an environment that craves new ideas, values swift, productive execution, and recovers quickly from failures
- You love words and the English language as much as we do
- Bonus points for experience with animation
What’s in for you?
- Influence, trust and impact inside a well funded start-up that’s scaling
- Work alongside other talented and friendly team members who are keen to learn and grow
- Competitive salary and meaningful stock options
- High impact role where you’ll have the autonomy to develop our platform quickly…
- …and make a meaningful contribution to millions of lives
Sketches of life at Mrs Wordsmith
- We love characters. Animated ones and the real ones in our office.
- Bringing a word to life is an amazing process that involves linguists, creatives, writers and technologists.
- Sometimes words fail us and we just jam to music and solve complex problems around how words are connected to the world.
- We love reimagining the dictionary. It’s a utility. It needs some love and creativity. Come and help us transform it into something you can’t stop using.
Closing date: 31st January 2018
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Recent jobs at Mrs Wordsmith
- People Operations Coordinator at Mrs Wordsmith in London 07-10-2017
- Paid Growth Specialist at Mrs Wordsmith in London 23-12-2017
- Accounting Manager at Mrs Wordsmith in London 28-12-2017