Senior React Native Engineer
at OnCare in London
We’re looking for a talented full stack mobile software engineer to join OnCare.
The ideal candidate will be an engineer with a focus on mobile development in React Native and an ability to get stuck into the rest of the stack. We need someone with strong technical and communication skills, looking to tackle some big technology challenges, solve problems for people in the real world, and do some good for society along the way.
Working as part of a small, dynamic team, you will take responsibility for maturing our iOS and Android mobile codebase, ideally with a desire to get stuck into full-stack development. You should be passionate about working at an early-stage technology startup with a strong focus on product and lean/agile methodologies.
For the right candidate, this is an incredible opportunity to join a startup where the early legwork in launching the business is complete, where the v1 product is built and in the market, and where you have the opportunity to help take this business to scale.
OnCare is a software platform for social care. We’re a business grown out of the Founders Factory Incubator, in collaboration with Aviva. Our mission is to make care easier for everyone and to remove the pain and friction from the process of finding or delivering amazing care.
With an ageing population, fewer people becoming care workers, and more care agencies going out of business each year, the care industry is at breaking point. However, with an estimated spend of £20bn each year in the UK alone, there are strong commercial opportunities in the care sector for the right solution.
We believe that through better technology we can create a billion-dollar global business while improving the lives of care workers, care agencies, service users and their families.
We work in an agile way (notice the lowercase “a”) and are proponents of pair programming, code reviews and setting up necessary tooling to maintaining code quality. To find out about our current tech stack, have a look at https://stackshare.io/oncare/oncare.
We need someone who likes to work hard, solve technical and creative problems, collaborate with others, and deliver robust software that makes a positive impact on people’s lives. Our ideal candidate will have:
- Ability to clearly describe technical solutions to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience translating business objectives into technical deliverables
- Confidence communicating to stakeholders, internal and external
- Demonstrable React Native experience and understand the ecosystem around it (ES6 JS, Redux, Redux Sagas/Thunks)
- Demonstrable mobile experience with a broad understanding of iOS and Android nuances (deploying to the App and Play stores, app lifecycles, performance, animation, offline support, network connectivity)
- Awareness of mobile security concerns (e.g. data encryption, user authentication, sideloading)
- Ideally have experience creating native components (OS specific Swift/Objective C/Java)
- Ability to write readable and useful unit tests
- Ideally have experience in creating and maintaining end to end test suites or similar integration tests to ensure high-quality apps
- Ideally have experience with full stack Django (or similar) and relational databases
- Ability to propose and execute large architectural changes
- Been engaged in the product development process in prior roles
- Delivered an app to market
- Able to balance "perfect" vs. done"
- Ability to work closely with a designer to iterate towards an optimum user experience
- Interest in tracking how the software is being used and keep on top of key technical and user metrics
- Eagerness to learn and pick up new technologies quickly
- Ability to work autonomously
- Desire to contribute to team and company culture
- Eagerness to pitch in with a range of activities to help the company grow
- Interests outside of work, and a desire to contribute to the social activities of the team as well as work-related
We’re offering a competitive salary in a unique working environment. We provide all the excitement and freedom of an early-stage startup but with the stability and resources of a large organisation. This is a chance to grow your career, contribute to an ambitious team and get in on the ground-floor of a high-growth startup delivering valuable software while helping to create positive societal change.