at Debut in London
(₤30000 per year)
We’re looking for a talented and passionate designer with both digital and print experience to work within our marketing team.
You’ll be the sole creative in a commercially led business so it’s vital you’re confident in your abilities and can effectively manage your own workload. Being a self-starter is a must.
Ideally you have also had some experience within a digital agency, start-up or similar and are able to demonstrate a passion for all things digital which will be reflected in your portfolio.
As a designer for Debut you’ll be working on a range of projects daily including HTML email design and development, display ads and other marketing collateral including PR and social media assets.
It would be an added bonus (but not necessary) if you have experience editing. There are a range of videos and live streams that we plan to create in the next months.
You will be reporting to the Senior Marketing Director but working and collaborating closely with all stakeholders within the business including senior management and external resources like our PR agency and partners. Effective communication and an ability to sell in your ideas is a must.
You will be working in a vibrant start-up environment surrounded by varied personalities and backgrounds.
- A good eye for detail and a strong sense of design
- Develop and maintain consistency brand guidelines
- Ensure that processes are in place to deliver the best possible output
- Act as senior influencer in decisions about the businesses visual direction
- Work closely with all internal departments and third parties to ensure consistent branding
- Background in designing marketing collateral including leaflets, display ads, internal communications, email marketing and other marketing collateral.
- Be an expert in the Adobe Creative Suite (CC Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, AfterEffects)
- Full cycle designer owning the whole process from concept to finished art.
- Front-end HTML development experience is must, HTML, inline CSS and testing abilities.
- Experience managing and engaging with communities through social media.
- Animation, flash and motion design
- Video production and editing
Debut is a student and graduate careers app that is disrupting the recruitment industry and is set to expand internationally. The company is VC-backed and has raised over £2.2M. After two years of operations, Debut counts 50 multinational clients including EY, Microsoft, L’Oreal, Vodafone, Tesla, IBM, Rolls-Royce and more.
Debut is hard work but we love what we do and are determined to build something amazing. Our mission is only just beginning and we need awesome people to help us drive the changes we want to see in this industry. Our student users are our priority and help drive the innovations within the Debut app through feedback and UX focus groups. Our culture is fun and fast paced and one where you can make a big impact even in a short space of time. Our vibrant office is near Old Street and features free tea, coffee and beer on tap!
Awards & Achievements:
- Won “Innovator of the Year” award at the NORAs 2017 (National Online Recruitment Awards)
- Shortlisted in the category “App of the Year 2017” by Startups.co.uk
- Shortlisted for the British Small Business Awards 2017 as part of the prestigious ‘Disruptor of the Year’ category.
- Ranked 36 in the Startups 100 Index of British businesses of 2017.
- Listed as one of the UK’s most exciting, fast-growing companies, as part of City AM’s Annual Leap 100 list.
- Charles Taylor (Debut’s Founder and CEO) was named one of the Forbes 30 Under 30 in Technology in January 2017.
- Selected as one of the companies to be part of EY’s 18-month Accelerate programme for UK start-ups.
- Won the Google Developers Launchpad in April 2015.
Recent jobs at Debut
- Commercial Account Manager at Debut in London 08-01-2018