*Graduate Journalism/ Editorial Opportunity*
at BusinessBecause in London
(₤1000 per month)
NOTE: This role is a six-month internship paying £1,000 per month, for applicants able to start working full-time in central London from February 2018.
We’re on the hunt for an energetic and talented editorial intern for a growing business education news and community site: BusinessBecause.com.
Candidates will be educated to degree level with exceptional English language skills and keen to pursue a career in writing, editing and social media. You will have access to our strong network of journalists, entrepreneurs and business leaders for your future career development. Previous interns have gone on to land impressive jobs at companies like Bloomberg, KPMG and Johnson &amp; Johnson. You might even be considering going to business school yourself in the future – if you are, this is the job you need!
With a small start-up orientated team, this really is a fantastic opportunity to assume responsibilities from the start, and gain experience that you just won’t get in other bigger organisations.
- Work with the BusinessBecause Editor to suggest suitable story ideas for our business school clients (you will be allocated a list of school clients to personally ‘manage’ their editorial plans)
- Research and write exciting sponsored and non-sponsor editorial across a wide range of topics, from career success stories to global business trends to funny ‘top tips’ – intelligent content for our global audience of young, smart business professionals
- Proactively manage several social media channels, finding the best ways to post our own content as well as engaging ‘influencers’ to participate in our editorial and promote BusinessBecause
- Use Search-Engine-Optimisation tools to identify keywords to build SEO-targeted news stories and categories and help to generate referral backlinks for these keywords from other sites
- Check weekly traffic and registration stats for BusinessBecause, understanding which news content and landing pages are attracting the highest number of readers and ‘converting’ people to register – and replicate the best techniques
- Monitor Google News and other social and news aggregator sites for mentions of BusinessBecause and our editorial (screen-shot any client editorial appearances – e.g. if their story is at top of Google News – to feedback to the client)
- Compile useful guides and resources for our readers and clients, such as ‘The 2017 Guide to Getting an MBA Scholarship’ or ’10 European MBA Applicants Share Their Application Journey”
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE IS:
- A native English speaker with excellent writing skills – concise, punchy prose and have impeccable grammar
- Academically strong with a degree from a top university
- Organised and effective in managing deadlines and workload, with a polite and clear communication style
- Experienced in social media – you’ll ensure that content and stories spread across our target audience
- Full of initiative and able to come up with solutions (e.g. when schools want fresh ideas for editorial or when we’re struggling to attract MBA applicants from certain geographies to read our content)
- Ambitious and driven to contribute to a tight team with big goals
Please send your CV and x2 writing examples
If you are short-listed for this position you will be asked to complete a short writing task before being invited for an interview.
BusinessBecause.com was launched in late 2009 as the first global news and networking site for MBAs, now with 40,000 members and 100,000+ monthly readership, BusinessBecause.com works with some of the world’s leading business schools including Chicago Booth, Birmingham Business School and HEC Paris.
You’ll report to the BusinessBecause Editor and will have regular contact with the founding directors of the business, and our contributors around the world. We’re a fun, no-nonsense organisation with flexible working style – but with a lot of challenge and responsibility.