Performance Marketing Director
at carwow in London
carwow is the most convenient, stress-free way to find and buy a new car, at a price you can be confident in. carwow aims to solve the major pain points that buyers and dealers experience in the buying process, putting them in a more powerful position than ever before.
Offering buyers crucial price confidence, a more convenient hassle free way to find and buy the car they want, and an altogether better buying experience. And it is great news for dealers too. Through carwow, our dealer partners sell more cars than they could in the showroom alone, while reducing cost inefficiencies and increasing stock turnover. This means they can pass on great prices to carwow buyers.
We’re a driven, high-energy startup with a team of 160+ based in central London and Munich, with new offices opening in 2018. We are backed by Europe’s leading VCs including:
Balderton Capital (Betfair, LOVEFiLM, Citymapper, MySQL)
Accel (Facebook, Spotify, Dropbox, Groupon)
Vitruvian Partners (JustEat, Skyscanner, Trustpilot)
Episode 1 (Zoopla, Shazam, LOVEFiLM)
Samos (Ocado, Betfair, PKR)
We’ve raised over £48m in funding since we launched, so we’re growing fast. We’re driven and constantly asking ourselves how we can make carwow better. If you’re enthusiastic, motivated, and want to help us change the future of car buying, get in touch. It’s the chance to be at the start of something huge
Performance marketing is at the heart of the business, with the majority of revenue coming from trackable and targeted marketing. Consumers are not frequently in the market for a new car, but when they are, we want to make sure they know about carwow and the great advantages we offer.
There are teams in place covering the main aspects of performance marketings, with leaders for each, but all these will need growing out quickly as the business is expanding rapidly. These teams all work closely with our outstanding Marketing Data & Analytics team.
PPC will be a large focus for this role, with other digital channels and Direct Response ATL needing scaling fast. Driving repeat sales and reactivating users from our huge consumer database is also a core part, as is working out how retargeting can help aid conversion.
Reporting directly to the CEO and co-founder, this is a crucial hire that will make a big impact to the business, and will be given huge autonomy and full ownership of all performance marketing channels. This role covers all existing markets carwow operates in, and new countries and new markets in the UK.
- Setting and executing the performance marketing strategy across the UK, Germany and all new countries being launched this year (France and Spain being the first)
- Ownership of our significant performance marketing budget
- Analysing and reporting on marketing performance to the C-level team and the board
- Working closely with the C-level to determine revenue & marketing spend targets and forecasts for each country
- Working closely with our Marketing Data & Analytics team; on attribution models, user segmentation, bidding, LTV calculations etc..
- Working with our brand marketing team on ATL strategy and on messaging/proposition development
- Working with our large Editorial (written content and video) teams
- Running conversion rate optimisation testing on key landing pages and working closely with our Product team to give recommendations on roadmaps that will help your team
- Strong experience running large performance marketing teams for an online business
- Very strong understanding of PPC
- Experience in a fast-paced start-up environment where you’re required to react quickly
- A strong focus on testing and data driven decision making
- Ideally a degree in a numerical based subject (Maths, Economics, Physics etc.)
- Experience of DR ATL is a bonus, not a requirement
- An interest or knowledge of cars is not required
- The ideal experience would be from a marketplace, e-commerce or travel related background
We believe diversity of experience (whether that be personal or professional), contributes to a broader perspective and will lead to a better company with highly innovative products and solutions. We’re working hard to increase the diversity of our team and be more inclusive, so if you’re not sure you fit the criteria, why not get in touch? We value confidence whilst being humble, so are keen to meet talented individuals who will add value to our team.
We offer a wide range of benefits, these include:
- A very competitive salary
- Significant equity in the company
- A dog-friendly office in Holborn, with free refreshments and a variety of breakout spaces
- Monthly company-wide socials, yoga, Friday drinks and an annual ski trip
- A wide variety of learning and development opportunities, including German classes and coding lessons from our own developers
- carwow sports teams open to anyone in the office, these include sports such as; netball, football and tennis