at The Leadership Network in London
The Leadership Network provides world-class training products for CEOs, Vice Presidents and senior leaders for some of the biggest companies around the world. We are now creating an industry first virtual reality product and are looking for a hungry product owner to join the production team.
Virtual Reality technologies are already changing the way we conduct business enabling colleagues to connect and share information like never before. TLN is using the immersive nature of this technology to deliver actionable and impactful learning across companies.
We are looking for an individual who is hungry to learn in one way or another. Either you are an experienced product manager who understands the digital product life-cycle and is willing to learn about the intricacies of virtual reality. Or you have a more extensive understanding of the virtual reality development process (or similar technologies) and are willing to broaden your understanding of cyclical product development.
The Role of the Product Assistant is to represent the customer and help manage the creation of VR products. The Role requires the capacity to turn concepts in to world-class training products.
You will be responsible for projects running on time and within budget. Managing the collaboration between teams of instructional designers, subject matter experts and developers, while effectively communicating with marketing teams to ensure the right product is created for customers.
As a member of a new division within the company you will also be contributing to the development of the operating structure and processes of future virtual reality products. This position has scope for the right individual to grow a team around them once they’ve mastered the position.
Title: Product Assistant
Reporting to: Virtual Reality Product Manager
- Help manage the VR production process for each virtual reality product.
- Concept – develop the Topic based upon prior research, user feedback and ensure it is aligned to the company strategy.
- Structure – Structure the Topic, incorporating internal teams, external collaborators and Subject Matter Experts – establishing a clear road-map for delivery.
- Pre-Production – Working with Subject Matter Experts, instructional designers and a VR design team to ensure a full script is created that enables production to begin via a parallel process.
- Production – is broken down into three stages, MVP, Development &amp;amp; Release. Throughout these stages you will be responsible for ensuring each team is reaching their KPI’s and the product is launched on time and on budget.
- Post Launch – A plan for post release updates and content. While the product is in development there is the need to R&amp;amp;D the next VR product. Collate feedback and help establish how best to refine the VR offering for the next product produced.
- Negotiate and agree the terms and conditions of Leaders, developers and freelancers contributing to each product.
- Work with subject matter experts, confirming their content material.
- Work with instructional designers to ensure the production of faithful, useful content.
- Work with development teams to create the final VR product.
- Ensure all course material is immersive, engaging and highly accurate.
- Educate sales teams on the value of the product.
- Research and develop concepts with SME’s to help define future products.
- Research potential partners and collaborators.
- Pitch &amp;amp; persuade new collaborators to join a TLN product.
- Excellent communication skills; at all levels with the ability to use discretion and critical judgement.
- Highly organised and dependable.
- Experience managing the product development process.
- Experience in designing &amp;amp; reviewing contracts, agreements and proposals, preferably within the technology industry.
- Experience working with freelancers and agencies.
- A natural ability to negotiate.
- Experience in creating and delivering pitches &amp;amp; presentations.
- Demonstrable ability to work independently.
- 2.1 or equivalent from a top University.
- One years’ experience within a start-up or agency environment, preferably within the technology industry.
- Experience mentoring &amp;amp; teaching .
- An understanding or experience of virtual reality content development.
- Demonstrable experience of leading or managing digital/virtual reality products.
Competitive. Numerous opportunities to grow within the business. You will have the chance to help grow the business and therefore grow your role. Office is a friendly energetic atmosphere, with a bar and Ping-Pong table on site!
Please provide both a resume and cover letter detailing why you would be the perfect candidate to hit the ground running in this role.