at MyTutor in London
(₤30000 per year)
Job in a nutshell:
MyTutor.co.uk is the UK’s leading online platform for one-to-one learning. We match school pupils with inspiring tutors from the UK’s top universities, through an online lesson space.
You’ll be joining at an exciting time to drive the expansion of our business through digital marketing campaigns. In just 4 years, we’ve taken over 200,000 bookings, are growing at 3x YoY, and helped 92% of last year’s students reach their target grades.
This pace of growth means you’ll get a diverse set of opportunities and can take on responsibility quickly. Your core area of focus will be search engine optimisation, working with our marketing and product teams in projects to improve our visibility in search engines like Google.
You’ll play a key part in delivering on MyTutor’s growth ambitions from our HQ in central London.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with our product and marketing teams implementing changes that will improve our brand visibility in search engines.
- Keep up to date with changes in Google algorithms identifying new opportunities.
- Analyse the impact the SEO activities have on visibility and traffic.
- Manage outreach campaigns and support our overall marketing activity.
What we’re looking for:
- A numerical marketer with SEO and analytics background and a passion for digital channels.
- A creative and analytical mindset – the successful candidate will be able to translate SEO best practices into product requests to optimise our site.
- An imaginative thinker who can conceive of new ways to tackle a problem and is brave enough to push on and bring ideas to completion.
- An entrepreneurial spirit. Someone who will feel a strong sense of ownership over their goals, and sustain their interest and effort towards achieving these.
- A great communicator able to develop compelling outreach campaigns.
- We recruit tutors from the Russell Group, having attended one of these universities is definitely a plus.
What you will learn:
- What are the key ranking factors of search engines and which activities have the highest impact.
- How to communicate effectively across product, marketing and operations teams and to prioritise different business objectives
- Project management and core growth hacking skills
- Perform site and content audits and expand our online visibility through outreach campaigns
- You’ll be working with and learning from smart and motivated people from Goldman Sachs, Barclays, BCG, The Hut Group, Periscopix and General Assembly
How to apply
Please send us your CV and we’ll get back to you asap.
More about MyTutor
We also partner with over 100 schools and universities to help disadvantaged students access our tutors through the Pupil Premium budget – last year, we helped 67% of our partner schools achieve record grades.
We’ve raised £5m in funding from some of the UK’s top institutions and angel investors including Mobeus Equity Partners, Thomas Hoegh of Arts Alliance, Stephen Welton (CEO of BGF), Stephen Grabiner (former partner at Apax and board member of The Times), and Jonnie Goodwin (founder of Lepe and Founders Forum), we’re already one of the most innovative, fast-growing and best-funded Education Technology businesses in Europe and we’re on our way to revolutionising the tutoring landscape.