Sales, Marketing & Support manager
at Oddbox in London
(₤10 per hour)
Oddbox is a social enterprise fighting food waste and we are looking for a brilliant individual who is also an odd veggie lover and food waste fighter to play a key role in our expansion.
We had a massive growth of 900% in 2017 alone and are looking to grow even faster going into 2018 with a fundraise.
We create a market for misshapen and surplus fruits and vegetables (wonky veg) by reclaiming these perfectly good produce and delivering them weekly to people’s home and their workplaces via London’s first wonky veg box delivery service .
The Independent says “If you’re based in London and want to help fight the battle against food waste, we’d definitely recommend giving Oddbox a try” but check us out for yourself on www.oddbox.co.uk or watch the Oddbox in 60 seconds video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-7FAC_dXTA .
You’ll get the chance to be a key contributor in defining and implementing our growth and retention strategy as well as get an overview of the overall operations of a start-up.
Customer acquisition – Identify Sales opportunities targeting home and office customers and ensure we achieve our aggressive growth objectives.
Social media – Define and execute our social media strategy from Content creation to campaign execution across Instagram, Facebook, Twitter & Email.
Brand equity building – Create and execute a successful brand strategy for Oddbox included but not limited to:
o Ensuring consistency of tone, colours, fonts across print, website and social media.
o Ensuring emotive appeal with our target market
Customer support – as part of our 5 star service, you will make people happy by ensuring our existing customers are delighted and keep coming back. You will be responsible for responding to any customer requests on daily basis.
• You have at least 2 years prior experience in sales & marketing either in a start-up or for a food brand.
• You have strong communications and people skills
• You have a positive attitude, particularly to new tasks and problem solving
• You are driven and have entrepreneurial spirit, not letting anything dampen your energy and will push through to achieve results
• You’re a hustler, and you understand how fast startups move
• You are self-motivated and organized
• You are happy to work autonomously and remotely
Ideal but not must have
• Has design experience with Adobe indesign
• Blogger with social media following
• Interest in photography
• Has experience with Social media ads and analytics.
Start date: ASAP
• Compensation – London living wage + Equity Stock option
• Full-time spread across two locations (Angel – co-working space and West Norwood – OddBox warehouse)
• In addition, there will be onsite opportunities where you will represent Oddbox in fairs, pop up stalls, exhibitions etc (usually 1x / 2x per month) as the situation demands. You will be compensated travel expenses for these.
• Duration of role – 6 months after which, we might make you permanent based on our 2018 objectives being met
If this sounds like you – get in touch and let’s start the conversation. We look forward to hearing from you.