Graduate Software Engineer
at Urban Jungle in London
(₤30000 per year)
We are looking for a capable and enthusiastic software engineer to join our growing team, working directly for our CTO (ex Facebook and Google senior engineer).
This is a unique opportunity to get into the rapidly growing space of FinTech, benefit from being one of the early employees in a well-funded tech startup, as well as learning from the experienced co-founders. We’re rethinking how young people plan for and manage their financial futures, and this is a great chance to make your mark.
You would have opportunity to work across our tech stack, starting where you have most experience, and gradually building out your expertise across our stack. Given this is an early stage business, you will be expected to roll your sleeves up and help out wherever you are needed in other parts of the business too. This is a great opportunity to learn how a tech start-up works.
You will be working directly for the founders of the company – with expansion plans in place to grow the technology team over the course of the next year.
You must have:
- A very strong academic background
- Either a degree in computer science, or at least 6 months professional experience working as a developer / on suitable side projects
- Demonstrable experience in most of the following (and willingness to learn the others):
- Linux, Docker, AWS, SQL
- A personal preference for getting things done, rather than talking about getting things done
- Passionate about building great software and willing to jump into all parts of a modern technology stack
- A problem solver, who wants to deliver new products/apps/services and improvements to all parts of our product
- Highly motivated to learn new things, and a lover of innovation
- A good communicator with technical and non-technical people, and easy to get on with
- Excited about the challenge of a startup – especially getting to help shape the business from a very early stage
You can expect from us
- A starting salary of £25-35k depending on experience
- Material share options
- A company pension
- 25 days of paid leave, plus public holidays
- Whatever kit you need to be effective
- Lots of social fun and events
- A commitment from the co-founders to spend significant time on coaching and development
You must live in London, and be able to work at our offices in Oval. Sadly we cannot sponsor visas at this stage
The hiring process involves an initial phone conversation, followed by a technical interview with our CTO, and a CV interview with our CEO.
About Urban Jungle:
Urban Jungle is an InsurTech business helping young people get cheaper, better home insurance.
We want to turn the world of insurance upside down, and put the customer at the centre of everything. That means clear super easy buying, T&Cs, flexible policies, advice when you need it, and killer pricing.
We are particularly focused on making it easy for young people to think about, and plan for their financial futures. Join us, and help shake things up a bit.
Recent jobs at Urban Jungle
- Software Engineer at Urban Jungle in London 20-10-2017