at WeSwap.com in London
- PLEASE NOTE THIS IS AN IN HOUSE ROLE**
WeSwap is the people’s currency exchange! We offer a peer to peer travel money platform enabling travellers to swap currencies directly with each other – avoiding banks and corporates allowing us to offer the best rates on travel money. We want our customers to ‘stress less and travel happy’ hence our mission is to help travellers everywhere swap and manage their currency in the cheapest, fairest, and most transparent way possible. We currently have around 300,000 users and have swapped £1 million since the start of our journey. WeSwap’s iOS and Android apps help customers to budget for their holidays and spend their travel money across the world from Australia to the USA. If you are looking for the rare opportunity to be part of an exciting fast paced, high growth, tech company then read on!
We are seeking a creative, ambitious and experienced Android developer to join our dynamic team This individual will have the opportunity to put his/her Android skills to the test and be given the creative flexibility to improve our app in line with WeSwap’s business objectives.
Our Tech Stack:
- Web: AngularJS (1.5), SCSS, Webpack
- iOS: Swift
- Android: Native
- Backend: Node.JS Microservices, MySQL, Redis, RabbitMQ, Go
- QA tools: TestRail
- Project Management: Jira
- Source Control: Git
- Produce clean, robust and well-tested code for our Android app, ensuring that the architecture is high quality and scalable
- Implement new journeys & functionalities that will onboard, guide and engage new and existing users.
- Advise the business with platform specific knowledge. Your opinion will carry weight as you will be consulted by your team and the business for your input on direction
- Identify and implement new technologies and techniques that help push our platform forward. From machine learning to Big Data/Alexa, we engage in discussions on how to embrace leading-edge technology and you will be immersed in the development of the future of multi-currency payment.
- Working in a fast-paced development cycle with regular new releases
- Be involved from the start of the user experience design processes where your thoughts and opinions are vital
- Collaborate with our all areas of the business, the engineering and product teams to produce high quality features with a focus on feature design and prototyping
- Help define and maintain visual guidelines and ensure consistency throughout the app
- Implement upcoming new features in our app, such as:
- Budgeting tools to help our customers plan for their holidays
- Spend analytics to allow our customers to see when, where and how they’ve spent their money
- Smart ways for our customers to manage their travel money
- Commercial experience of Android development
- Working in an agile environment (preferred)
- Working in a start-up (preferred)
- Unit/Integration/Functional testing.
- Good working knowledge of git.
Above all, we want someone who…
- Is hungry to grow their skills in a fast paced FinTech environment
- Has amazing attention to detail and is able to solve complex problems
- Will take ownership of our Android app and drive it forward
- Is a great communicator both within their teams and with business stakeholders
- Is proactive, autonomous and rigorous
- Ride to work scheme
- Life assurance (4x salary per life)
- 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays!
- Child care vouchers
- Hackathons & meetups
- Monthly socials
- Friday afternoon drinks in the office
- Season ticket loan
- Commission free currency exchange
Location: Kentish Town – London
Interested? We’d love to hear from you!
Job Type: Full-time
Recent jobs at WeSwap.com
- Dev Ops Engineer at WeSwap.com in London 09-01-2018
- Lead QA at WeSwap.com in London 09-01-2018
- Front End Developer at WeSwap.com in London 09-01-2018