at Swoon Editions in London
We are looking for a Manufacturing Manager to join our fast-growing e-commerce business responsible for the coordination and continuous improvement of manufacturing in the UK and Europe. You will manage a manufacturer base across Europe and work with these manufacturers to continuously improve quality and manage production scheduling. You will also be responsible for managing new product development within this geography.
You will support our Head of Manufacturing and Sourcing team to scale production of winning products and maintain a healthy tension with the Buying and Merchandising team. You will manage the performance of our supplier base to ensure adherence to our KPIs across quality and timeliness.
As Manufacturing Manager you will be integral to delivering and developing our manufacturing strategy and managing day-to-day operational activities, with complete responsibility for supplier performance, product quality and durability as well as managing and optimising the manufacturing production schedule for timely product delivery to the UK. The role requires extensive travel to coordinate the effort with our manufacturers.
- Manage the operational activities of supplier performance management, new product development and production scheduling.
- Develop the transparency and compliance of the existing supply chains and build new ones, to improve timeliness, manufacturing plan execution, whilst achieving best in class quality.
- Manage manufacturers’ performance and drive continuous performance improvement.
- Manage the performance of suppliers including late penalties and quality issues.
- Lead monthly product quality and manufacturer briefing for Merch/Buying for existing products, based on quality returns data at SKU and attribute level and troubleshoot existing product quality issues on the ground.
- Display great operational skill and leadership across a lean internal team and with your extended network in our manufacturer base.
- Experience as a technologist or product developer in furniture highly desirable
- Experience within a retail, e-commerce background with an emphasis in a product manufacturing environment (e.g. furniture, automotive, white goods).
- Proven relationship building, communication and negotiation skills.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment defining and launching processes, not just managing them.
- Skilled in project management.
- Attention to detail and the ability to drive tactical process improvements in manufacturing/quality control processes.
- Strong analytical skills, highly numerate, a keen eye for detail and strategic thinking.
- A proven ability to solve issues independently and through great leadership of a team that spans several localities.
- Strategic approach and commercial acumen
- Private medical cover
- Free gym membership
- Pension scheme
- Friends and family discounts
About Swoon Editions
Swoon Editions is one of the UK’s fastest growing furniture brands. Established in 2012, and backed by Index Ventures (Deliveroo, Dropbox) and Octopus Investments (Zoopla, Secret Escapes), we’re on a mission to be a global online furniture brand; making homes remarkable through distinctive design, beautiful craft and fair prices.
We launch new designs several times a week to our growing community of ‘Insiders’ (email subscribers). Product launches are communicated through daily and weekly emails, with each design first produced in a very limited quantity of 10-20 pieces. Using real-time sales data, we test demand very quickly and then scale production on only the most popular pieces.
Recent jobs at Swoon Editions
- Product Specialist (Customer Sales) at Swoon Editions in London 13-12-2017