Software Developer (Remote UK)
At Aridhia we have adopted a DevOps model throughout the company, so if you want to work in environment that is fast-paced, collaborative with a shared sense of ownership, then this is the job for you!
As a key member of the Product Delivery team, you will also have a say in how Aridhia maintains and implements its products and features, from inception right through to delivery.
You will have great development skills, be a strong communicator and proactive at putting forward ideas and solutions that drive our product, our technology and our business forward. A willingness to learn is a must, as we use a variety of open source tools and technologies to find interesting and unique solutions to deliver on our Software as a Service Platform.
Using cloud native services on Microsoft Azure we offer our customers the benefits of hyperscale public cloud and emerging services in AI and Machine Learning. Working with Aridhia is about more than just a job, it is a chance to make a real difference to the world. Our customers are conducting important research into diseases including Alzheimer's, Cancer and Covid-19 and you will be supporting them.
What’s in it for you?
Aridhia is an entrepreneurial and ground-breaking company. We follow an agile working method with daily team stand-ups, progress boards, sprints, and show and tell sessions, to keep people informed and involved as projects evolve, and to share knowledge across teams.
In addition to competitive remuneration packages with opportunities to share in our commercial success, we offer the following benefits:
- 35 days annual holiday entitlement, inclusive of three public holidays
- Private healthcare for employees and their families
- Death in Service scheme
- Generous Company Pension scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and sick pay benefits
- Individually tailored induction and personal development plans
What you’ll be doing…
- Build successful products that meet a broad range of customer needs
- Contribute to the definition and design of Aridhia’s information and software architecture and automation frameworks
- Unit and integration testing of developed software components
- Document and socialise solutions
- Participate in cross-team ideas and initiatives to promote technical knowledge transfer
- Participate in the evolution of company-level best practices, standards and policies as they relate to software development
- Educated to degree level in computer science, software engineering or equivalent
- Ability to contribute technically across all tiers of Aridhia’s platform services, both web technologies and back-end services
- Understanding of SQL and NoSQL database development
- Evidence of applying best practice coding standards
- Show appreciation of all aspects of the software development lifecycle (e.g. requirements, analysis, design, implementation, testing and documentation)
- Demonstrate appetite and aptitude to be involved in solving complex technical challenges and furthering knowledge and experience
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience of the use of agile methods particularly Scrum
- Knowledge of secure development processes
- Experience of the source control process using tools such as Git or SVN
- Experience of software build pipelines
- Working knowledge of an integrated development environments such as RubyMine, Eclipse or Microsoft Visual Studio
- Experience of building and operating a SaaS/PaaS platform in a public cloud environment (Azure, AWS etc.)
- Solid understanding of internet and web protocols, and how to develop RESTful APIs
- Experience integrating with third party APIs
- Knowledge of test-driven development (TDD) & behavioural driven design (BDD)
- Understanding of security best practices
- Experience supporting production systems
- Understanding of microservice architectures & containerisation
- Experience of working within a DevOps team
- Integration testing
- Experience with configuration management solutions (e.g. puppet, chef, ansible etc)
- Awareness of big data
- Domain experience in healthcare or bioinformatics
- Statistical or numeric computation skills, e.g. familiarity with “R”
Aridhia enables clinical and life sciences users to use Cloud services to collaborate, investigate and develop innovative therapies, diagnostics and care pathways for a range of medical conditions. We do this through Software and Platform as a Service, giving self-service access to secure workspaces for data management, de-identification, statistics and machine learning, cloud computing and interactive visualisation. In this way, a growing number of research hospitals, universities and pharmaceutical companies can ensure confidentiality, compliance and ethical use of patient data.
Our Aridhia Digital Research Environment (DRE) is built on leading technologies and this role offers the exciting opportunity to join an inclusive, talented and dedicated top-flight technical team and to develop and enhance your experience and skills whilst contributing to the delivery of our roadmap and key strategic projects.
The Product Delivery team works to turn ideas into reality, driving the development and operation of the Aridhia platform and services. By constantly reviewing, evaluating and upgrading what they design and build, they ensure that our platform and products remain at the cutting-edge.
Please note all successful candidates will be required to achieve a Basic Disclosure Scotland Certificate.