The Story So Far
Imagine the highest quality, luxury home furnishings and furniture all under one roof. Based in West London, Larkbury Group boasts the largest luxury interiors showroom in the UK and the largest independent fabric library in Europe. The business, started as The Sofa & Chair Company, was founded in direct response to the needs of interior designers and discerning customers searching for unique and beautifully made furniture pieces.
Dedicated to true British craftsmanship, Larkbury Group takes great pride in being the UK’s leading manufacturer of luxury sofas and bespoke furniture and having only the finest manufacturing practices, authentic materials and a steadfast commitment to quality. With company owned manufacturing just a stone’s throw from the showroom, we pride ourselves on our design, quality, and the memorable end-to-end experience that we’re able to offer to our clients. Alongside our furniture offering, we’re proud to also operate Larkbury Curtains, our bespoke curtain and blind brand, established in 2002 and LUXSALE, the go to luxury furniture outlet.
This is an incredibly exciting time for Larkbury Group; we’re growing our team to help deliver our ambitious strategy to become The Ultimate Home of Luxury Interiors. If you’re looking for a new challenge, you’re a change-agent, you have an entrepreneurial flare and are motivated by taking ownership and accountability then read on...
The Head of Sales for LUXSALE will lead our growing online outlet business. LUXSALE has now been trading as our luxury furniture outlet for just over a year, during which time the website has undergone rapid transformation, the team have identified better processes and operating efficiencies and driven significant sales volumes. We’re now beginning to see results from the efforts of the past year. However, we believe that there is more opportunity to grow LUXSALE and we’re looking for a commercially minded entrepreneur to lead this part of our business. With product sold on our website as well as from our showroom, you’ll have experience working within a business that has had fast-moving stock, both online and physically, and will already have best practices to implement based on this. You’ll quickly gain understanding of our client profile and use this to convert and drive new client acquisition through targeting marketing campaigns and online merchandising best practices.
Key Skills Required
- Entrepreneurial attitude, with experience of running a similarly sized business at start-up/early stages (circa £3-5m)
- eCommerce experience
- Passion for our product
- Experience of running a P&L
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail – reporting, analytics
- Leadership skills: the ability to bring your team along with you
- Must have excellent organizational skills, being able to perform multiple tasks whilst managing own time management
- Ability to logically and systematically approach tasks and/or projects, to work under pressure and deliver within deadlines & budgets
- Can demonstrate high personal standards and good team working practices. Build working relationships across the company with all other functions within the business
- Coaching and developing a small team
- Responsibility for achieving revenue targets
- Managing P&L for your brand
- Develop and execute a business strategy for LUXSALE that compliments The Sofa & Chair Company strategy
- Present strategy, results and recommendations to the Group Senior Leadership Team on a regular basis
- Be a point of contact for any escalations
- Collaborate with colleagues across the Group, promoting our values and leading by example