Rightly’s central mission is to make data fairer for everyone. We do this by making it easy for consumers to tell companies what to do with their personal data, and for companies to respond easily.
We are an independent, UK based team that is committed to improving the lives of consumers. We are objective driven, razor sharp on our delivery and are courageous on how we approach difficult decisions.
It’s important to note that ethics is at the heart of Rightly. We value the trust that our users put in us and meet that by ensuring that we’re transparent and authentic in all that we do.
As a Junior Product Designer you will work on a range of design tasks across the Rightly product. As part of a small team that can make quick decisions, there is a great opportunity to influence and ship features and improvements. Working closely with experienced UX and product people you will be at the core of a team that works at pace to deliver engaging products.
We’re looking for someone eager to learn that enjoys a challenge, wants to take responsibility and the opportunity to influence the shape of the product!
- Work with the product team to take concepts from idea, through to sketches and wireframes and to high-fidelity designs and prototypes.
- Support the team through more isolated phases of the design process.
- Support the design team with a variety of needs such as updating design patterns and visual assets as well as implementing UI improvements and supporting Marketing activities.
- Contribute to product workshops, co-facilitating where appropriate.
- Coordinate and participate in research to help gather user insights
- Work with Product, QA and Development to refine user stories, clarify requirements and be an active participant in agile ceremonies
Key Skills / Experience
- 1-2 year experience working on digital web products
- A portfolio of projects that demonstrate innovative UI/UX solutions and strong visual design
- Proficiency in modern design tools such as Figma, knowledge of Illustrator would be a plus
- Knowledge of wireframing and prototyping
- A keen eye for visual detail and accuracy
- Objective and data driven; passionate to demonstrate the business impact of designs
- An understanding of agile software development (desirable)
- Want to make a difference in a small, exciting company
- Delivery focused and still want things to be beautiful
- Good attention to detail, but happy to ship work when it needs
- Self-starter able to manage your own time
- Unique opportunity to join a business as part of the founding team
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Annual leave
- Career progression opportunities
- Flexible working (although likely to be from home for the foreseeable!)
- Further role-specific training available