Want a job that combines the excitement of working in a high-growth tech startup with the fulfilment of creating life-changing social impact? Then this is the role for you!
As an Operations Executive, you're onboarding the amazing people referred to Beam, supporting them through their remarkable journey out of homelessness.
You’re an operationally-minded problem solver, directly helping us to iterate and bring our award-winning platform to true scale.
You’re ambitious, excited by the prospect of working with super smart teammates in a startup founded by someone that’s scaled a business to millions of users and raised funding from investors in the likes of Facebook and Dropbox.
You're friendly and empathetic and excel at building strong, respectful working relationships.
You’re excited by the prospect of getting a little nerdy with the latest apps and working in a data-driven way.
You're process-driven and solution-orientated, able to juggle demanding workloads in a fast-paced startup environment that works to ambitious KPIs.
Click here to see one of our Ops Execs in action!
- Safely assessing and onboarding homeless people referred to Beam by our extensive list of partners
- Working face-to-face with people to create content for their crowdfunding campaign using our proprietary in-house technology
- Working to ambitious KPIs that increase our social impact
- Brokering relationships to streamline pathways into work for homeless people
- Building a strong, respectful and professional working relationship with people using Beam to skill up
- Producing detailed risk assessments and case notes
- Generating ideas and processes that iterate our model of support services towards scale
- >1 year high-quality operational experience in a start-up, social enterprise, or highly-regarded company
- Experience working with vulnerable individuals - or huge enthusiasm to excel in that field (don't worry, you’ll be enrolled into a thorough training programme when you join)
- Entrepreneurial, get things done attitude
- Passion for innovation and social impact
- Thrives under pressure and in fast-paced environments
- Highly detail-orientated and risk-aware while working with integrity and openness
- Highly adaptable, personable and excited to work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Committed to promoting equality of opportunity in London - and far beyond
We're especially interested in hearing from you if you speak Polish or Romanian!
Compensation & Perks
- £25-35k - we're open to hearing from a broad range of experiences
- Additional EMI-qualifying share options in Beam
- MacBook Air or PC (brand new/ recycled)
- Work phone (brand new/ recycled)
- Cycle Scheme
- £250 annual wellbeing budget
- £200 annual learning and personal development budget
- £80 monthly counselling budget
- Beam books & stash
- Perkbox perks - discounts and freebies at top brands
- 'Beam team talks' with some of the UK's leading tech entrepreneurs
- Work-hard, play-hard culture with an annual mini-break (subject to social distancing rules)
Pre-interview: Answer 3-4 questions over email
Round 1: Video call (30 minutes)
Round 2: Assessment (2.5 hours) followed by 30 minutes debrief
Round 3: Presentation in role play & interview (up to 1 hour)
Round 4: 90 minute session comprising of 3 separate meetings with the founder and 2 other Beam team mates
All our interviews are currently conducted remotely and done over video calls and it usually takes us a week to get back to you after each round. The whole process from Round 1 should take between 2-4 weeks. Please note that only successful applicants will be contacted before Round 1. Please apply directly on our website.
We wish you the best of luck!