What is cord?
cord is a tech start-up that enables the most simple transaction on earth - a conversation - to happen between someone and their future colleagues. Every message is direct and instant. All the information is relevant and transparent. It feels natural, as if it was always meant to be that way.
But underneath the hood, facilitating these conversations isn't so simple. We are rebuilding the infrastructure that underpins it all, able to handle recruiting complexity and distributing talented people at scale. cord is used by some of the fastest growing technology companies / start-ups in the world, from Monzo to Starling Bank, to Skyscanner. To date, we have changed the lives of tens of thousands of people. But we're only getting started.
We’re a diverse team of talented, like-minded, value driven people, focusing on creating positive change at scale. We look for people who naturally lead from the front and work best in a results driven environment. We believe this gives people freedom, autonomy, and a clear focus. We don’t rush our hiring, and we don’t make someone an offer lightly. But when we do, we back them. We invest in the craft of our work, prioritise individual learning, and execute collaboratively. In the spirit of Ray Dalio, we fear boredom and mediocrity much more than we fear failure.
What type of person are we looking for?
We are looking for a recent graduate with excellent written and verbal communication skills to join us as a Sales Development Rep (SDR) . You will become a part of our growth/sales team. Your focus will be to work with a small team of researchers to populate key contact information, and managing cord’s email outreach to prospective companies and decision makers . This is the perfect opportunity to learn how to build a repeatable SaaS sales cycle from the ground up. You will also learn how to communicate with high level decision makers in a thoughtful and intelligent way.
We are after someone with an unwavering passion for sales, business development and communication. We've hired intellectual types, product types, and now it's time to find someone who's love for sales and communication is well balanced with a very structured, detail-driven and analytical approach. Importantly, we are looking for someone with both the passion for sales/results - coupled with deep integrity and strong values that align with our own. We look for people who put the team first and themselves second. We look for people who let their actions, not their words, do the talking. Above all, we look for people who are vigorously determined to do well - and do good.
From day 1, you will be speaking to decision makers about cord. As a Sales Development Representative, you will learn how a cutting edge software product actually works, inside and out. You will build meaningful relationships with the CTO/CEOs and Heads of Talent in London’s start-ups and scale-ups. And you will take a product that is already making a big impact - and share it more widely than ever.
There are a few minimum requirements we expect you to have
- Recent graduate from a top university (or a unique story to tell)
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- A structured, detail and process driven approach to problem solving.
- Strong interest in sales and results driven communication
- You are both value driven and results focused
- Your character is naturally infectious and you exude positive energy
- Being a self starter with a track record of ownership matters more to you than job titles
- As an individual you are highly self-reflective; you can ‘fail well’ without ego, learn, and improve
What you can expect to be doing in the first few months
- Managing a team of researchers to help you enrich contact data
- Run outbound an email sales process that reaches key decision makers in an intelligent and well thought through manner
- Run outbound experiments and developer our software stack to sharpen the sales process (Beauhurst, Loom, LinkedIn, Zapier, HubSpot, Prospect.IO etc)
- Learn the nuts and bolts of communicating with high level decision makers
- £22k Base salary with an OTE of £30k
- Unlimited Holidays: We run on results, not facetime
- A culture that actively encourages continuous learning and progression
- A fun and rewarding environment: stimulating fast paced, meaningful and exciting
Note: we are 'default remote' until the end of Q1 2021. Our HQ is in London Bridge, so we can use it to meet up for essential meetings - 1-1 training etc.