Job Title: People Partner
Department: People Team, Fulfillment
Reports to: Head of People, Fulfillment
We have an exciting opportunity within the People Team for a People Partner at our new Thurrock site reporting to the Head of People Operations, Fulfillment. This is a true generalist role and will partner with our Fulfillment Site Team to create a culture where colleagues feel inspired to be their very best.
The People Function is made up of Learning and Development, People Operations and Talent Acquisition. We are still building the team and given our growth plans the team is evolving. The team is currently under 20 people but is increasing in size over the next 12 months.
This is a brand new role and the first of its kind in the Fulfillment sites which has been designed to raise the bar regarding People partnering at Gousto and be the trusted adviser to the Site Management Team, whilst also playing a pivotal role within the People Team.
You will be responsible for resourcing plans, organisation development, business partnering, Employee Relations and coaching and advising the management teams across the site. This role will be working with the Talent Acquisition and Learning team to ensure the new hires will be recruited, trained and operating at the high level we expect.
This is a really exciting opportunity. It is the first people partnering role in Production sites at Gousto and this person has significant impact in shaping and implementing the people strategy for a key part of our business in realising our growth plans.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be curious, credible, good at building trust within the team and brave at times to challenge the norm. This is an exciting and challenging role and is not for the faint-hearted, There is a requirement for relentless delivery, driving the people agenda and implementing scalable solutions which can flex and grow as fast as Gousto. At Gousto we are an insight and data-driven business, therefore a passion and an appreciation for how data can help drive better business outcomes and solutions is essential.
You will need to be a strong stakeholder manager. You will need to build strong relationships with the Technology leadership team, plus building relationships with your peers within the People function, specifically in Talent Acquisition and Learning and Development. The peer relationships are fundamental given we are building a shared service model within the People function and you will be reliant on the skills and experiences within these teams to support you in delivering your plans.
To act as a partner to your stakeholder group, upskilling and coaching managers to deliver a best in class people experience. You will manage sensitive, complex and/or employee cases. As an integral part of the People team, you will implement effective people strategies and activities and execute these focused on talent management, organisational effectiveness and employee engagement, partnering with internal stakeholders to integrate Gousto's Ownership Principles into the employee experience.
What you’ll do
- Translate business strategy into People Plans in partnership with the relevant Leadership Team to create a culture where outstanding talent thrives.
- Act as a trusted business advisor by building relationships with the leaders and colleagues within your business area.
- Encourage a culture of continuous feedback, providing ER advice and supporting the performance management process
- Coach managers on developing their teams, building capability and identifying talent
- Facilitate the talent cycle and encourage the internal movement of colleagues for their development. Support on the development of career paths to open up opportunities in the team and help colleagues take greater control of their career
- Coach managers on the reward principles and ensuring pay is fair, consistent and in line with budget.
- Partner with the Resourcing team to deliver a pipeline of great internal/external talent.
- Facilitate any engagement strategies, playing a supporting role in action planning.
- Build an inclusive culture enabling each individual to be the best they can be
- Ensure structures and headcount adhere to OD principles and support any changes to organisation design.
- Use data, metrics and internal/external trends to provide leaders with insights to inform business decisions, organisational structure and targeted initiatives
- Support wider people teams to build central solutions
- Drive a proactive approach to the people agenda, questioning and challenging others to get to the root cause of people and business issues and identify solutions.
- Ensure diversity of talent bench and leadership team
- Live our ownership principles, always acting with integrity and due diligence
Skills, knowledge and abilities required to be effective in this position
- You will have significant generalist HR business partnering experience, preferably in a high growth manufacturing environment
- Experience working across a matrix organisation
- Experience working with senior management and leadership teams
- Demonstrable project and stakeholder management skills and experience
- Solutions orientated mindset with the ability to work accurately at pace, cope with ambiguity, design and implement innovative solutions and have challenging conversations
- Experience of gaining clear agreement and commitment from others by persuading, convincing and negotiating
- Team orientated at all times, with excellent interpersonal skills, down to earth and fun to work with
- You need to be smart, switched on and able to work at pace and comfortable with ambiguity
- You will have the drive, energy, intellect, commercial acumen and passion to form great relationships across the business
- Data led and able to work with complex metrics to drive improvements and communicate key messages concisely
- Experience of implementing pay and reward frameworks
- Proactive attitude and experience to make a difference from day 1
- You will enjoy working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial culture that demands a great deal from its people
- Gousto is a technology business and therefore a passion for tech and the ability to communicate and relate to a digital environment is essential
Dream - We’ve got huge ambition and believe everything is possible - Curious, bold and resilient, we’ve got an insatiable appetite to learn and grow.
Deliver - We work at pace and focus on impact; taking ownership of the solution and raising the bar every step of the way.
Care - We obsess over our customers, doing the right thing for them and for the planet. We are one team, supporting and celebrating one another.
Here at Gousto, we are on a mission to become the UK's favourite way to eat dinner!
Delicious recipes, precise ingredients & a dollop of adventure, delivered to your door. We have invested into our technology, data capability and our product to ensure the customer is at the heart of what we do. Every aspect of our business is powered by our passion.
Whether it is innovation through our recipe development, building algorithms to optimise our recipe box journey or devising strategies to reduce plastic and food waste. All our teams play a part in our amazing growth in the UK!
Our DREAM? To be the most-loved way to eat dinner, and for every meal to leave the planet better off. Gousto is changing how people shop, cook and eat food at home. It’s an incredibly exciting time to join our team!
Sounds like the right fit for your palate? Get in touch, we can't wait to hear from you!