Bloom & Wild is re-inventing the $60B global flower industry. Over a billion flower exchanges take place every year and industry satisfaction levels are low. We are using technology and data science to build the world’s leading and most loved flower company. We’ve seen impressive traction to date - we are Europe’s largest direct to consumer flower company, are growing at 100% year on year and are in a strong position financially (and have been extremely fortunate to see growth remain strong during the Covid-19 crisis).
We’ve raised multiple rounds of venture capital and private equity funding, have been named one of the 5 fastest growing tech companies in Europe and are alumni of Tech Nation’s Future Fifty. We were also one of the Sunday Times Top 100 Small Companies to Work For 2020.
Business Intelligence at Bloom & Wild
Our team at Bloom Wild is now over 100 people. The Business intelligence team works with across all countries supporting Growth, Retention, and Business Development. The Business Intelligence team is responsible for evaluating all of our website, app, sales and marketing data. Our ethos as a Business Intelligence team is to distil data into simple and meaningful insights and to ensure stakeholders have the best self-serve tools to make rapid decisions.
The role and ways of working
We’re looking for a Senior Retention Analyst to join our team. Reporting to the Director of Business Intelligence you’ll support our Retention Squad as they optimise our app product and retention marketing (CRM and Newsletters).
Please note that only applicants with hands-on SQL experience will be considered.
- You'll have ownership of Retention Squad’s analytical roadmap and be responsible for sizing and prioritising work to deliver the most impactful and timely insights
- You'll work closely with our Product team, helping to establish analytical frameworks and measurement plans for any AB tests launched. You will map customer segments, define metrics and set optimisation goals to maximise the Lifetime Value of our customers.
- You'll be responsible for interpreting App Product analytics data as well as marketing/CRM campaigns data and helping the teams to build dashboards and tools for self-serving.
- This role is fast-paced, so it will be important that you'll be able to identify quick wins and make trade-offs while maintaining analytical best practice
- You'll provide robust and easy to understand recommendations from your analysis that can be explained to technical and non-technical colleagues
- You will use your analytical skills, initiative and ideas to transform our raw data into meaningful insight that drive business decisions across our Operations, Retention and Growth teams.
- You will be action-orientated and ensure that recommendations feed the long-term roadmap
- Have at least 2-3 years of hands-on day-to-day SQL experience - intermediate/advanced level required. This will be used every day and is a mandatory requirement of the role
- Proven experience of Customer Insights Analytics and strong understanding of Customer Lifetime Value, ideally in a start-up environment
- Track record of working independently to shape analytical problems and define testing methodologies and experience in measuring A/B tests
- Proven track record (and examples) of creating actionable insight and recommendations which have driven business impact
- Experience using data visualisation tools such as Tableau, Looker or Periscope
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel/Google Sheets
- Passion and experience for automation and will like to build long term solutions rather than one off requests that can be used as the business continues to grow at pace.
- Curiosity and hunger for every opportunity to learn and challenge our current ways of doing things
Nice to have
- Experience in building customer churn model and customer segmentation and identifying at-risk and lapsing customer groups as well as mitigation strategies
- Proven track record in getting actionable insights using digital tracking tools (e.g. Google Analytics 360, Mixpanel, Heap)
- Cohort and customer lifecycle analysis
- Advanced Excel
- Working knowledge of Python/R
- Experience of Product Analytics in Retention
- Understanding of statistical principles (Optimisation, regression, predictive modeling, machine learning)
Currently, our full team is working from home and adapting quickly to being totally remote. In addition to our normal perks and benefits we’re supporting each other and maintaining our culture remotely through:
- Twice weekly online yoga class and access to ClassPass workout content
- Birthdays, anniversaries, and special occasions celebrated with the team
- Virtual Stand Up for weekly company updates, and Virtual Monthly Meeting to celebrate our successes and value nominations
- Remote lunch and learns
- Wellbeing support through online coaching sessions and employee assistance program, talking about challenges that we are facing in the current environment
- New slack channels and ways of creating community remotely
We apply our five key values of delight, customer first, care, innovation and pride in our day to day activities (find out more here) and reward those who are encompassing them exceptionally. Everyone is friendly and sociable, with regular company-wide events.
Return to work and our new normal
The safety and wellbeing of our team is our primary concern during this period and our return to our beautiful, flower-filled office will be gradual, considered and only when our team feels safe to do so.
Whilst recognising that some of our team will prefer to work in our office, this period has proven that our team can embrace remote work extremely successfully and our plan moving forward is to find ways of continuing to incorporate remote work into our ways of working.
We're proud to hold an A-rated sponsor license, so we can assign certificates of sponsorship. This means we can support applications from anywhere as long as the job is deemed suitable under the points-based system
When we’re in the office
Our lovely, light and spacious office is conveniently located close to Vauxhall and Oval stations in London. We have an informal, start-up culture, with employee-friendly policies such as:
- 25 days holiday, with an additional day off for your birthday, plus bank holidays, totalling 34 days, per annum. There is also the option to buy an extra 5 days holiday
- Choose your laptop and any extra equipment you need to do your best work
- Free breakfast, snacks and team lunches
- Season ticket loan
- Childcare Vouchers
- Health cash plan through Simplyhealth
- Personal Development Budget
- Family Friendly Policy - including enhanced family-friendly packages and a salary sacrifice childcare scheme
- Pension Contribution
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Lunch & Learns
- Discounted blooms
- Bloom & Go Wild trips - most recently we went to Paris!
See more on what it’s like to work at Bloom & Wild here.
Our recruitment Process
Given the current situation in the UK due to COVID-19 the interview process will be conducted remotely. This will involve a series of interviews with our Head of Business Intelligence, Retention team and our CEO.
Your application experience is important to us and we’re keen to adapt to make every interaction even better. We welcome feedback on our recruitment process and would love to hear from you directly on how we can improve. If you have any suggestions please feel free to let us know here.
We really care about creating a diverse and inclusive team - so we welcome people from all backgrounds, with different perspectives, ideas and experiences to work with us. In our team, everyone has the freedom to give their opinion, grow in their career and be part of a genuinely caring and inclusive team