At LabGenius we’re building a platform to discover revolutionary medicines using machine learning. By combining traditional biology with cutting-edge technology, we want to radically improve the drug discovery process and produce more effective therapeutics for people worldwide.
Founded in 2012 by Dr James Field, we’ve been backed by leading investors from the US and Europe, including Atomico, Lux Capital, Obvious Ventures, Felicis Ventures, Kindred Capital, and Backed VC.
We are an international team who love learning and are curious about the world. We have exciting growth plans and are looking for a skilled Cell Biologist to join us on our mission!
If you are an experienced Cell Biologist looking to further develop your skills in an environment where collaboration is key, then this is the role for you! Maybe you’re looking to leave a large pharmaceutical company, to join an exciting biotech where you can really make an impact. As one of our Cell Biologists, your experience will be essential to this role and will be put to good use in our in-house wet lab.
What you’ll do in this role.
- You will develop cell-based assays to characterise biotherapeutics derived from our bespoke antibody scaffold libraries for novel biotherapeutic discovery.
- You will use your experience to help evaluate targets, design experiments and support project planning.
- You'll analyse data and give expert guidance, both to team members and other functions within the company. Your ability to distil complexity into concise communications will be put to use every day!
- You will work closely with our automation team to develop reliable, reproducible, high-throughput workflows.
What we’re looking for from you.
- You’ll be a PhD graduate with relevant industrial experience, and a strong scientific background in Cell Biology, Immunology or a related field.
- You'll have experience in mammalian cell culture preferably with practical experience of running high-throughput functional cell assays.
- You’ll have the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with specialists from your own and other fields (e.g. automation engineers, NGS and data scientists).
- You'll have an understanding of biological drug discovery platforms with the use of display libraries being an advantage.
How you enjoy working.
- You’re comfortable with a rapid pace of work in a dynamic environment.
- You’re happiest working in a collaborative context. If you love flying solo, this isn't the right role for you.
- You’re equally comfortable challenging as you are with being challenged.
- You get excited about learning new technologies and approaches.
- You want work to be meaningful and to be part of a business dedicated to having a positive impact on humanity.
What you’ll receive from us.
Aside from being part of our brilliant, purpose-driven team, you'll also enjoy:
- Flexible working arrangements: whether you’re a night owl or a morning lark, with core hours of 10am-4pm, you can choose a pattern that works for you.
- Easy access to on-site gym and climbing wall to break a sweat or indulge your inner monkey.
- Monthly 1-on-1 coaching from Sanctus: because we need to look after our minds as well as our bodies.
- Self-service study budget via Sunlight plus books, courses, and events; we encourage personal development in any form. Basically, we heart learning.
- Weekly team lunches from City Pantry: the perfect time to connect over kebabs, natter over nachos, or cackle over curry.
- Access to the Cycle To Work scheme: to make your commute cheaper, healthier, and a whole lot greener!
We believe that diversity makes for innovative, exceptional teams.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on gender, race, colour, religion or belief, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class.
Please make sure you include a solid cover letter that shows your enthusiasm for cell biology and LabGenius' work!
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Friday 29th January 2021.