Lead Developer/ Software Architect
About Security Phoenix:
2-7% shares, plus compensation (salary) and YoY raise based on performance (shares & salary)
Security Phoenix is a cybersecurity start-up that is working on an exciting new product. You will be working on our new product Security Phoenix that is disrupting the world of vulnerability management and application security. We are looking for a candidate who wants to work in a very dynamic and flexible way.
Security Phoenix helps CIO/CTO/CISO and developers talk the same language when it comes to vulnerability management. The Security Phoenix platform enables a clear view on vulnerabilities and contextualization of those in applications with enriched information like the cost of the application and risk in relation to the importance level of the application. The platform is extending its data source and applying data science to enable inference and suggestion for clients.
The team has already 3 experience developers (frontend, 2x backend), and 3 junior full stacks (2x fronted focus, 1 backend). We are looking to add a lead with a strong vision on the product and architecture.
- Cloud Focus
- Container focus
- Data focus
- Some cybersecurity experience is a + but not a must
We don’t work in a traditional way. Fully remote, fully distributed, fully around you. We are delivery based and working around your life rather than the other way around.
Product Page: https://www.nsc42.co.uk/securityphoenix
Company page: https://www.securityphoenix.com
Short Pitch: https://youtu.be/dWCFklT0eUw
We are currently expanding our executive team and we are looking for an exceptional developer and leader to help us enable the vision on the platform and keep the company vision aligned with the platform. This is a unique opportunity to join a small interdisciplinary team with a passion for making developer life easier when it comes to cybersecurity. Combining strategy, execution and management, the lead developer will provide leadership for the entire development team, and work with the business to drive new ideas and keep the cost of development at minimum as well as size the stories.
This role is a board role and will be involved in key strategic decisions.
Reporting to the CEO and senior management team, this role is responsible for developing and executing a successful development and development strategy while supporting the team in the everyday business. This role is hands-on and would be expected to understand code and develop as well as lead some of the developers.
You are a fast learner, a leader and enabler and will relish the opportunity to create a truly world-class cybersecurity company. In return, you will be able to increase your salary, earn a sizeable equity stake (based on pre-agreed benchmarks) and potentially move to a VP/board level role as product-led.
- Own the product roadmap and work closely with the CEO and the leadership team to ensure Security Phoenix is focusing on the highest value features and keep the company roadmap in line with technology roadmap.
- Lead the development team and establish a good rhythm of development keeping the momentum
- Participate in the demo, PoC, build and actively support the clients during pre-sales activity
- Manage relationships with development partners/vendors
- Represent the company in the development, technology conferences, community events, training events, etc
- Assist CEO in fundraising ventures and participate in expansion activities (investments, corporate alliances etc.)
We welcome applicants who are highly effective and confident leaders with excellent communication and commercial skills, along with experience in fundraising. You’ll bring exceptional influencing, leading, development and presentation skills, along with experience of working directly with customers, building relationships and developing communities both in-person and online.
What we’re looking for:
- A strong individual from a technology perspective
- An inspirational leader for developers
- An individual driven and self-organized
- An individual with a strong vision
- A leader that is not afraid to challenge executives’ ideas and vision
- An individual with strong experience in
- Modern Development
- (desirable) Cybersecurity in Software Development
- Data model & domain model
- React/Angular, Node,
- Database specifically mongo, inno/sql
- Cloud experience (AWS)
- Container experience (Docker)
- Documentation experience
- Previous start-up experience
- Previous fundraising experience
- Experience working in a technology start-up or scale-up
- Experience in leading a team
You may not tick all the boxes but we are open to examining your candidacy if you bring the right mindset.
Applications through agencies will not be taken into account.
Application form 3rd party will not be taken into account this is a direct hire.