Noah’s vision is to become the first Starter Kit focused brand, empowering customers to start something new and help them navigate the first steps of their new endeavours. We are equipping our customers with curated Starter Kits and building their confidence beyond the box, through easily accessible content and support for their journey, no matter how big or small.
We’ve seen tremendous growth over the past two years and have recently raised a 7-figure seed-round. Now, we’re searching for ambitious, creative and driven people who are excited about the opportunity to build a best-in-class team with a strong culture from the ground up as we scale noah to an international household name.
What’s Next for Noah?
Following our growing success over the past two years, and aided by our recent investment, we are looking to rapidly scale up the business by:
- Building new teams of experts across all functions
- Cementing our position in existing market segments
- Expanding our Supply-Chain across the globe
- Developing a variety of new Starter Kits
- Broadening our operations beyond the UK
- Creating an online community with accessible and engaging content
About the Role
We are searching for an experienced Sourcing Lead / Buying Manager to join our fast-growing team as we begin to rapidly scale up our business. Your role will be to drive the introduction of new starter kits and to iterate on our existing product ranges to ensure our customers get amazing value from our kits.
Reporting directly to the COO, this is a vital role in the growth of our business and will have a significant impact on shaping the future of Noah and its product offerings.
- Develop a whole range of new Hobby/Interest-focussed starter kits
- Explore co-branding opportunities on products
- Drive down costs across all product ranges
- Work with our operations team to build out a Global Supply Chain
Responsibilities (Day to Day)
- Research, test and develop new starter kit ideas with the support of the entire Noah team
- Iterate on existing products to improve quality and consistency of supply
- Find, onboard and manage agencies to accelerate our sourcing process
- Negotiate with new and existing suppliers for favourable cost and supply
- Develop relationships with established UK suppliers to continue to offer amazing variety across our product ranges
- Drive sustainable and ethical product initiatives at noah
- Ensure that products adhere to high standards and meet any regulatory requirements in all of our markets (material, electrical standards, etc.)
- Working closely with the operations team to hand over products
What we’re looking for
- 4+ years in sourcing/buying, ideally for eCommerce or retail - Experience sourcing from the far east directly or through agencies
- Experience of the end-to-end sourcing process - from initial research through to supplier negotiation
- Passionate about building a product portfolio in a new category - You understand cost drivers and can translate that knowledge into favourable financial terms
- Great knowledge of frameworks, guidelines and best practices for sourcing and white labelling products
- Excited about creating a sustainable and transparent supply chain and sharing that information with our customers
Nice to have
- Experience in kitchen/homeware sector
- You've sourced products with a sustainable message in the past
- Any cross-functional experience in quality management, product development, supply chain & merchandising, compliance
Join us if...
- you’re super organised and have proven your ability to prioritise effectively and meet deadlines
- change doesn’t faze you; you take the rough with the smooth and take people with you on that journey
- you are full of ideas, are not shy about expressing them and get excited about seeing them through
- you have a positive attitude and work well under pressure
- you're comfortable working independently to draw conclusions and take action, having demonstrated a strong level of comfort in driving projects forward
- you know what it’s like to work in a young company and love the vibe (and sometimes chaos!)
- what we’re doing here at noah excites you!
At noah, we believe in building an environment for all team members to flourish in. This means having good work-life balance policies in place to help create room for everyone to use their time as effectively as possible while still hitting big goals together as a business. We don't believe in just 'doing and 'rushing' anything without a thorough plan in place; we prefer to rely on strategic thinking and intelligent project tools to help us to achieve great things collaboratively. Yes, there will be deadlines to meet that may require some longer days but these will always be a team effort and, most importantly, aren't the norm.
- Work remotely: Distance makes the heart grow fonder, so we encourage a sporadic change of scenery whenever you need some time out of the office
- Generous holidays: 28 Days + Bank holidays + Christmas break + Birthday (Everyone is strongly encouraged to take at least five days off each quarter)
- Location: Office in a lively Co-Working Space close to Highbury-Islington Station (Victoria Line + Overground). We plan to move to our own amazing office in North-East London within the next 3 months
- Share our success: We know our future growth is only possible if we all work together as a team, so every full-time team member has share options.
- Our team: We’re an energetic, sociable and talented bunch who are super passionate about what we do and determined to make a difference. We’re all in it together and we learn from each other.
- Employee Perks: We’re young and still working out how we reward our employees beyond the standard offerings. As part of our founding team you will be directly involved in helping us shape this offering. E.g. Training budget, getaways (bi-annually), well-being budget, noah credits, regular team events, home office budget
Salary Range: We are flexible based on experience and this is a vital role in shaping the future of noah, we offer comprehensive share options for our founding team
If you have always wanted to join a young and rapidly growing startup as a founding member with significant impact, please do not hesitate to reach out to us!
Please send us your CV (PDF) and a short cover letter, including your idea for our next Starter Kit.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly believe that building a diverse and inclusive team is fundamental to our success. We want to hear from you regardless of your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.