At BondAval, we're building a modern-day company that is open minded, fair and transparent, a company you'd be proud to say you work for! This means many things but especially bringing together a driven and talented team with diverse experiences, backgrounds and skills.
We believe there should be an alternative to the traditional, capital inefficient, ways businesses interact with each other today. BondAval enables SMEs to monetize their reputational capital in the most effective and user-friendly way possible.
We're focused on solving problems and aising the bar of what is expected. Making simple solutions that allow our SME customers to take complete control of their own destiny – their word, our Bond! Internally, we encourage an open, collaborative, inclusive working environment. We’re hiring talented, creative problem-solvers to help us build an FinTech platform that is equipped to support businesses today and in to the future. In Europe, North America and the rest of the world.
We are at the start of our journey but are already moving quickly. To ensure that BondAval can both grow and maintain healthy underwriting results we’re expanding expertise in our Underwriting team. We are looking for an energetic, collaborative, experienced and rigorous lead Underwriter to head up credit and risk analysis & underwriting function. You will initially be responsible for working closely with our global A-rated insurance partner to fine tune our underwriting guidelines during our establishment phase. This will also involve collaborating with the Co-founders, wider C-suite and early adopter clients.
you will be responsible for
- Implementing risk selection strategy and overseeing underwriting
As Credit RIsk Manager/Lead Underwriter the key individual responsibilities are:
- Selecting individual risks that will enable profitable portfolio growth:
- Analyse, select or reject, each risk on its own merits
- Ensure the broader BondAval underwriting guidelines are applied rigorously
- Ensure BondAval’s underwriting process is optimised to achieve key KPIs
- Work with the tech team to optimise risk pre-selection within the platform
Perform BondAval managerial responsibilities, including:
- Provide context and commentary on underwriting data trends as they develop.
- Champion and drive new markets and new market development ‘mind share’ within the BondAval team
- Teaming up with BondAval’s local and regional teams to build a profitable portfolios
- Enhance all (Retail and Wholesale) customer relationships with underwriting insight
- Build and iterate on a target customer profile to optimise marketing strategy
- Provide underwriting context to emerging data patterns and steer customer interactions accordingly
- Build relationships with key wholesale clients and retailers in order to optimise their payment security function and unlock appropriate deal flow
- Hone underwriting guidelines and build attractive aggregate portfolio dynamics
- Create an open and productive dialogue around BondAval’s peer
- Ensure underwriting learnings are translated to binder endorsements efficently
- Monitor and maintain key portfolio underwriting metrics
- Incoporate underwriting best practice
- Supporting the CTO & CPO to understand customer requirements and evolve BondAval’s platform and product:
- share clear and actionable customer feedback with key team members in good time.
- Make recommendations to improve underwriting results and customer experience.
- Contribute to platform design and product innovation
- Working alongside BondAval’s Co-founders to perform underwriting analysis on new target segments and territories :
- Technical financial expertise
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- financial risk experience
- Commercial Awareness
- Deductive thinking
- Priority Setting
- Strong communication skills
- A results focus
Key Competencies Qualifications
- Tertiary qualification in a financial discipline, Business/Commerce or related field
- Further studies or professional courses in a surety, credit or financial discipline experience
- An active underwriter with P&L responsibility in your current role within an Insurance company or similar financial institution
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in surety/credit underwriting or comparable financial analysis role
- Demonstrable track record of profitable underwriting performance