Housekeep is the UK’s biggest technology platform connecting clients and cleaners in the £5 billion house cleaning market. We help clients find trusted, local cleaners and assist those cleaners with finding dense local client routes, thereby maximising their earnings and saving travel costs.
Why We Need You
Housekeep has built a strong foundation in the first five years. We're the UK market leader, 3X bigger than the nearest competitor and have delivered 1,000,000+ cleans at a 4.9* average rating. We've reached substantial turnover, are growing at 50% each year - indeed, we were ranked ‘6th-fastest growing company in Europe’ last year by the Financial Times - are already profitable and have substantial cash to invest. There's a clear execution opportunity to grow our 1-2% market share in our core market, being recurring house cleaning in London, by 5-10x in the coming years and thereby build a business with a £100M+ valuation.
We haven't built this position by luck. We've delivered this by being smarter than anyone else, by working hard than anyone else and by making the right decisions on repeat. There are no pivots here, just the compounding effect of strong execution.
Our ambitions are much bigger than winning in a single vertical. We've built a platform from which we can not only tackle the £5B home cleaning market, but from which we can also address the £10B commercial cleaning and £40B tradespeople markets. We have the market opportunity to build a category winner and to own the home in the coming years, delivering not only a big business but also enormous strategic value. Better still, we have already made real promising starts in each of these new markets. There’s scope to build a business worth £1B+; our job is to deliver.
We understand that the approach that got us here won’t get us there. We're going to face bigger, more complex challenges in the coming years and will need to keep strengthening our team to solve them. That's where you fit in. You'll join as a senior member of the team from day one, and will bring the intellectual firepower, commercial acumen and entrepreneurial spirit to drive us forward. We want you to add business-defining value to us and for this to be a career-defining role for you.
You’ll work alongside the CEO, being jointly-responsible for setting and delivering Housekeep’s strategy, and personally responsible for tackling the biggest business priorities. You’ll operate with independence, ownership and freedom, with support from across the business.
You’ll need to be a generalist. You’ll bring some embedded skills and knowledge. However, the main attributes you will bring to the role are ability and desire. You’ll have exceptionally-structured thinking, with the intellectual capability to break problems down and build fragmented understandings together to build elegant solutions. You’ll be comfortable making rapid decisions under extreme uncertainty. You’ll be drawn to testing and iterating, but you’ll often be right first time. You’ll outthink and outwork everyone else.
We see four components to the role:
First, you’ll be jointly-responsible, alongside the CEO, for setting Housekeep’s strategy & driving delivery. This will include:
- Setting Housekeep’s vision & strategy for the next 5 years
- Owning the strategy planning & delivery cycle, including planning, delivery, tracking & communication e.g. OKRs
- Owning Housekeep’s business metrics & reporting
- Building a culture of testing-iterating-learning
- Balancing the drive for scaling/growth versus profitability/efficiency
- Maximising Housekeep’s valuation with a 20-year horizon
Second, you’ll be responsible for solving 2-3 of the biggest business priorities each quarter, thereby maximising business value. This will include:
- Building a deep understanding from qualitative insight and quantitative data
- Testing, iterating & learning at high velocity
- Collaborating across the business, especially with product & tech
- Delivering large, measurable business wins
Third, you’ll own a new business unit for Housekeep. This will include:
- Setting the strategy and targets, building planning and leading delivery
- Analysing the market, including figuring out the consumer proposition and supply model
- Launching, testing & iterating on a MVP
- Balancing rapid cycles of testing-learning-iterating with building long-term
- Owning the P&L
Fourth, you’ll join Housekeep’s leadership team. This will include
- Setting Housekeep’s long-term vision, strategy & culture
- Working with the senior leadership team and upskilling the wider team
- Contributing to finance, legal, HR and culture
- Driving long-term growth and profitability
You’ll be based in our office in Clerkenwell EC1.
Your background will include:
- 3+ years’ experience at a top tier firm in management consulting, investment banking or PE/VC
- 3+ years’ experience as a founder or senior manager at a fast-growth business
- An outstanding academic track record
It is a bonus if you have experience working with: 2-sided volume marketplaces; optimising online-offline user flows; human-human field-based interactions; live, real-time services.
You will be able to show the following:
- A proven track record in scaling a digital B2C business, as a founder or senior executive
- Strong leadership skills to recruit, motivate and retain a top tier team
- Ability to both set a strategic direction and get hands-on with delivery
- Strong understanding of business & commercial models
- Deep understanding of commercial metrics e.g. LTV, CAC, payback
- Excellent critical thinking, through deep qualitative user research and quantitative analysis
- Strong analytical skills to test, monitor and iterate improvements
- A passion for working with end-users, UX, product & technology
- Ability to turn business requirements into product and technical stories
- Outstanding written and verbal communication, tailorable to different audiences
- Strong people skills, setting a positive ambitious culture
- Strong organisational skills
- Exceptionally high standards & attention-to-detail
- High levels of motivation and the ability to operate independently
- The desire to learn and improve everyday
Your personal approach will be to:
- Think big – be able to conceptualise large, disruptive opportunities
- Research, test, analyse, learn, iterate – using both quantitative and qualitative methods
- Prioritise – sequence projects and understand value versus cost
- Act urgently – driving rapid change
- Execute – with a focus on output
- Simplify - 80-20
- Communicate – make a case that is impossible to refute or ignore
- Understand technology – to drive growth, scalability and efficiency
- Understand product-market fit and commercial trade-offs
- Be obsessive about improving the business every day
- Set extremely high standards
We will be paying a market-leading salary, with meaningful equity incentives.
To apply for the role, please send us:
1) Your CV
2) A succinct cover letter
We look forward to hearing from you.
The Housekeep Team