We’re looking for a driven, enthusiastic and talented Android developer to become an integral part of our growing, young and ambitious team - We’re speedy and strive for fast-change to meet our user demand and to be regarded as the best micro-investing platform out there. The ideal candidate will fit seamlessly into what is a very ambitious and growing business, taking responsibility for the development and maintenance of our Android mobile product. We’re at an integral part of our growth and need the best people around to keep up the significant traction we are building.
As an Android Developer you will drive and contribute to the development of features, fixing bugs and issues, reviewing code from others in the team and making a key contribution to the entire development lifecycle, from conception and discovery through development and delivery whilst maintaining a conscious effort to keep aligned to agreed priorities and set development windows, helping the business achieve its strategy in a timely and cost effective manner.
- We use Git as our main VCS. A basic understanding of Git is required.
- Self-sufficiency: initiative, time management, multi tasking
- Minimum 2 year’s experience using Kotlin
- Experience consuming RESTful APIs in Android apps
- Able to create complex layouts which are maintainable and scalable
- Comfortable with TDD
- Experience with continuous integration / continuous deployment
- Ability to demonstrate previous apps or projects you have worked on
- Ability to handle multiple projects and maintain oversight to deliver all to on time completion
- Proactively manage your workload, feeding back regularly in the event of any delay or change to delivery timeframe or scope of work
- Huge attention to detail, curious and full of ideas
- Understanding QA and testing environments
- Knowledge of working in Agile
- Experience working with and mentoring more junior developers
- Previous experience on App first businesses
- Startup experience / FinTech desirable
- Self-starter who enjoys pushing the boundaries
- Great holiday allowance excluding bank holidays
- Auto-enrolment pension
- Training with extensive access to online courses and a set progression structure
- Attend conferences and have the opportunity to represent the business at leading industry events
- A genuine collaborative working environment where you will be supported, tested, and given meaningful responsibility
We are accepting UK based candidates only, please only apply if you meet this criteria.