Data Analytics … Automation … Transformative Cloud & API Products …
Please note, only qualified accountants will be considered for this role.
If that got you excited, you could be the next recruit on Kamma’s mission to leverage tech and data to be the fastest and most comprehensive digital address encyclopedia in the world.
To help us navigate this journey, we’re seeking a Head of Finance, with demonstrable experience at every level of financial management to drive our organization's financial operations and improve financial performance. We are looking for someone with an entrepreneurial and autonomous mindset, motivated to be part of a founding team to scale a growing and exciting tech company.
What We Do
Kamma is an industry leading geospatial technology company that specialises in creating unique data and solutions from disparate information.
Our unique technology and algorithms acquire millions of sources of dirty, disparate and ever-changing information which are then transformed into valuable datasets and answers for any property address in the UK in seconds. These unique datasets have risk and compliance applications across multiple markets and our products are being used by some of the largest names across letting agent and financial services markets. Having started as a boot-strapped start up, Kamma is now backed by venture capitalists and operates in 3 markets, with big ambitions to expand beyond this.
Head of Finance
Our Head of Finance will play a crucial role across the business, reporting directly to our CEO. The key responsibilities of this role include:
- Annual budget coordination and planning
- Management of billing and expense administration
- Weekly and monthly revenue reconciliation and reporting against budget
- Establish and manage expense approval and payment processes
- Establish and implement key financial controls within the business
- Debtor management and credit control
- Monitor expenditure
- Monitor cashflow and bank balances
- Oversee annual insurance renewal
CEO and Business Support
- Set and monitor targets with CEO
- Long-term financial planning and business plan drafting
- Strategic planning - sales and staff cost forecasting
- Evaluation of key capital and operating expenditure decisions
- Share option scheme creation and management
- Evaluating investments
- Grant applications
- Business modelling and pricing scenario analysis for new products and markets
- Liaise and partner with all business functions
Compliance & Company Secretarial
- Tax compliance management
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements
- VAT returns
- Payroll review and management
- Commercial and supplier contract management
- Management accounts preparation, monthly reporting and variance analysis against budget
- Creation of reporting dashboard, monitoring of KPIs
- Financial statement / statutory accounts preparation and audit management, if applicable
Investor Relations and Fundraising
- Financial strategy development
- Investor and Board reporting - preparation of financial inputs, metrics and reports
- Fundraising - financial plan modelling, cap table modelling and related company secretary responsibilities
You will have:
- A recognised financial qualification such as ACA, ACCA, CIMA
- At least 5 years’ post-qualification experience of working in a commercial business in a similar role
- Knowledge of MS Office/G Suite and experience of Quickbooks or similar accounting package
You will be:
- A motivated self-starter who takes initiative and ownership of their work
- Organised, with strong time-management skills
- A confident communicator with experience of working with senior stakeholders
- A team-player who understands the value of collaboration
- Hungry to be part of an ambitious team with a mission to scale Kamma
- Competitive salary depending on candidate experience
- Stock options potential
- Benefits: Pension, charity days, discounts, book allowances, home office contribution and more.
- A team who are passionate about what we do and are looking for inspiring people to join our journey
- Huge ambitions to utilise and develop our data and technology capabilities to move into new areas and markets
Get in touch with us with your latest CV and a covering note telling us a little about yourself, why you’re interested in joining us and anything else you think we’d like to know and we’ll do the rest.
A company you’ve always wanted to work with
At Kamma, we believe that diversity is imperative to driving creativity, innovation and value for our clients, and even more importantly, for our people. Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and as such, we are a committed equal opportunities employer. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, age, or social background.
Social impact is a central pillar here at Kamma. The genesis of our platform is in applying phenomenal data and technological capabilities to expose rogue landlords and ensure that no tenant has to live in unsafe or unsuitable accommodation again. Finding people that share our principles is a crucial part of this pursuit.