What is hoo?
The internet has changed the world (mostly) for the better, but occasionally things are just plain
wrong - sometimes the balance needs to be redressed.
For far too long, the existing online travel agents "OTAs" have been taking hotels and customers for the wrong sort of ride. OTAs control how hotels are discovered online; they control the price that hotels can advertise their rooms for; and they create a false impression of competition – because most of the major online booking brands are owned by just two companies. Not surprising that travellers think they are getting the best deal available, when ‘the internet’ is showing the same price everywhere, including the hotel’s own site. And what do hotels get charged for the privilege of these big OTAs selling their rooms? 15-40% commission on every booking (top end if you want to appear high in the platform’s search results).
Well, that’s unfair - people deserve a great deal more.
At hoo, we are going to redefine the booking experience, putting businesses at the heart and let customers have their say in how much they pay. This is a different way of buying hotel rooms. It’s a marketplace where buyers and sellers are brought together, for a more honest and fair value exchange.
It’s time to shake up the industry and turn it on its head. Giving full control to all - once and for all.
The booking revol-hoo-tion is coming.
What is the Social Media Intern role? - Job Description
Reporting to our co-founder and the CMO, you will be responsible for all our output on the social media channels we care about.
We have been working with a branding partner to define our positioning and launch messaging, and social media will be our primary channel for delivering this to our audience and demonstrate we can deliver on our promise to ultimately change hotel booking for the better - for good. When the outside world reads or watches our content or hears our opinion, they should understand what we stand for and be excited to find out more.
- You will be working across all social platforms and will need to be present wherever our audience is.
- You will be able to speak to them in language that means something to them. Together we will help you understand and develop the right tone and language for all the content you write or create.
- You will be responsible for making hoo’s voice heard as we embark on this exciting journey and we will help you develop the tactical knowledge of how to use these channels for maximum impact (while remaining a force for good!).
This is a great opportunity to join an exciting and well-backed startup that is reaching for mass-
consumer awareness and penetration.
Short Term Company KPIs (6-12 months):
- Go Live
- Launch and test wide ranging marketing plan to prove demand
- Proving ‘Make an Offer’ conversion and Improve
- Introduce reselling
Social Media Marketing Intern - Detailed Responsibilities
- regular posting on every platform, every day both manually and through social automation
- reacting to news agenda and other comment/content across the platforms
- creating bespoke content across all the platforms we care about, and where necessary
managing creation with a designer;
- sharing /distribution of content
- outreach to influencers / bloggers to create positive interaction and potential partnerships
- finding and interacting on facebook groups related to what we care about
- responding to user questions
- responding to customer service queries – first line of support via social media channels,
You will be required to build and present weekly reports on the KPIs that we value across these
platforms. You will be required to give direct input into the ongoing strategy for improving our
performance and also help inform our strategy for other marketing channels.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Excellent creative writing skills
- Demonstrable knowledge and use of several social media platforms
- Obvious enthusiasm for and a keen understanding of the day-to-day news agenda
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft and G-Suite packages
- Educated to degree level
- An understanding of digital marketing and a willingness to learn technical skills to improve
your utilisation of digital communication channels
Contract: Full-time PAYE
Hours: Mon - Fri in our head office in London (responsive support hours on weekends required).