Role: iOS Developer
Based in London, UK
Please send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Bonnet’s mission is to fight climate change by accelerating the uptake of sustainable transport. We want to become the largest and most reliable network of electric vehicle (EV) charging stations in the world and put ‘range anxiety’ to bed. Through software alone, we turn every public and private charging location into an accessible and simple charge point that any driver can use.
EV sales are growing 150% every year and charger installations are expanding at a similar rate. The problem today is that chargers are difficult to find, have non-intuitive payments and are confusing to use.
Bonnet is a startup that is looking to flip the EV charging experience on its head. Backed by Porsche and the British Government, the company is looking to bring some customer-centricity and new technologies to the EV charging sector. The app is a one-stop-shop for EV charging away from home, allowing drivers to see, route to and pay for chargers. A single Bonnet account can be used with any charging station and features such as smart route-planning and easy payments simplify the whole experience.
- Flexible work-from-home policy
- 30 days holiday (excl. bank holidays)
- Weekly team lunches
- Extra day off on your birthday
- Stock Options
What the job involves
This is an opportunity to build something from the ground up. As a young and quickly-growing startup in a nascent market, we create new technologies for our customers and are looking for creative minds to join our team. It is a great way to learn about a rapidly expanding industry (wink wink Tesla) and become an expert and pioneer in a vital sector of the future.
We will provide you with all necessary guidance for you to learn on the job in an enthusiastic and fast-paced environment. The role will provide you with very flexible working and no face time. For a company of such a size, it is a relatively senior position as you will be one of the first full-time employees with the potential for quick career progression. You will be working directly under our CTO in a high-responsibility role, building a suite of new features to provide a fantastic charging experience for our customers.
In this role you will:
- Be fully responsible for Bonnet’s native iOS app
- Play a leading part in delivering the product and technology roadmaps. This will mean writing, reviewing and supporting code in our iOS app, working with RESTful APIs including those provided by our bespoke Node.js based backend platform
- Work with our product designer to implement new features and improve existent features
- Take ideas from requirements to production code and be responsible for quality at every step along the way, whether it’s testability, UX or architecture
- Probably many other things that we aren’t even aware off since that’s how the startup life goes!
- 2+ years experience in iOS app development using Swift
- Have strong knowledge of mobile architectural and design patterns
- Understanding how every pixel and button contributes to the high-level picture
- Independent worker, taking ownership of own work stream and projects
- Creative individual who can come up with ideas; borrow from other industries
- Experience with Git and App Store dev console for publishing app updates
- Familiarity with CI/CD processes
- Experience with using third-party development tools like Firebase, Stripe and Zendesk
- Working proficiency and communication skills in English
- (Desirable) Knowledge of Kotlin & Android app development