At M2A Media we develop cloud based software solutions used in the online video streaming platforms of some of the biggest broadcasters in the world, including DAZN, BBC, Channel4 and ITV.
Our work involves the technical handling, manipulation and delivery of top tier live sporting events such as the Champions League, Serie A, Moto GP and NFL to millions of viewers globally via ‘The Netflix of sport’, DAZN. If you’ve watched ‘Love Island’, ‘I’m a Celebrity’ or other live shows on ITV Hub it was delivered for catch-up by our Live Capture product at frame level accuracy, within minutes, to record audiences.
We are looking for experienced software engineers to work on these systems and help develop the next phase of our cloud based products.
As a member of the engineering team you will be at the heart of development of the new product suite that we are rolling out over the coming months. You will be joining us at a key time for the team as we design, migrate and launch new products into an innovative new architecture.
What you’ll do
- Design, develop and ship new product features and refine existing ones
- Write Python code that is testable, performant, secure and of high quality
- Work with other engineers, architects, testers and DevOps to incrementally build and ship software to AWS cloud
- Share knowledge and support team members
- Get to know our business problems and gain specialist technical video and broadcast knowledge
What you’ll bring
- 2+ years experience building and maintaining distributed systems in production environments
- Commercial experience writing code in Python
- Experience writing code that is easily readable, testable and maintainable
- Preference for delivery of functioning code over perfection
- Willingness to work in an Agile environment using Kanban and BDD practices
- Prior Knowledge of Cloud Services (especially AWS)
- Experience using Flask framework
- Prior experience within the media or broadcasting industry
You will have
- Problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively with others to break down, prioritize and deliver tasks
- A pragmatic approach, willingness to overcome obstacles and figure things out when information is limited
- Willingness to practice continuous learning and self-improvement
We can offer you
- Opportunity to work with a senior team and learn from experienced developers
- A chance to work with cutting edge technologies which will further your career long-term
- Freedom to suggest new approaches and tech to be implemented
- Opportunity to work on products that influence viewing for millions of people each day
- Help with training towards becoming an AWS certified Engineer
Our Tech stack
- AWS services, especially; Lambda, EC2, DynamoDB, SQS, SNS, S3, MediaLive, Elemental, MediaPackage
- Python, Flask, OpenAPI
- TDD (Pytest)
- BDD (Behave)
- Microservices architecture, REST, Apache, Nginx
- FFMPEG, Unified Origin, Packager and Capture
- HLS, MPEG-DASH, RTP, HEVC, 4K, Low Latency
- Terraform, Jenkins, Packer, Ansible
- Git, Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence
We are a friendly team of people that are passionate about building great products with collaboration, innovation and respect for each other. We have an inclusive environment and believe different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make for a better workplace and better products.
We promote a good work-life balance through flexible and remote working options. There are regular social and sporting events organized within the team.
- 25 days holiday
- Medical insurance for you and your family
- Dental insurance
- Travel insurance
- Life cover
- Company pension - we will match contributions up to 5%
- Flexible and remote working
- Company bike scheme
- Informal phone conversation about your experience and expectations to see if we are the right fit for each other.
- Technical remote pairing exercise with one of our senior engineers
- Face-to-face video call interview where we will ask you technical and competency based questions
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.