Customer Experience Manager
Glorify // London, UK
Founded in 2019 by two proven entrepreneurs, Glorify is on a mission to bring the joy of connecting and reconnecting with God on a daily basis to Christians all around the world. Our vision is to become the leading Christian digital platform globally, reinventing how Christians connect with God and their community. Think Calm or Headspace but for the global Christian market.
The Glorify mobile app utilises bite-size readings, meditations, music and gamifications techniques to enable Christians to spend daily time with God through guided worship routines, curated content and a world-class user experience.
Backed by some of the leading Christian influencers globally, Glorify is targeting massive expansion and scale over the next 12 months. We have recently closed a large funding round and are now ready to expand the team in London, and internationally.
As a Customer Experience Manager you'll be part of the early founding team, owning customer relationships that promote user satisfaction and retention. You will be responsible for creating procedures and policies that optimise the customer experience of all Glorify users.
We're looking for a passionate and motivated Customer Experience Manager to join our team at Glorify. We believe that every app user is different and we want their experience to be personal and unique. This position requires you to take ownership of this business area and deliver exceptional customer service, which is pivotal to the success of the business.
The ideal applicant will have experience working in a start-up and will have ideally worked in consumer mobile app companies and/or consumer products with a freemium/subscription based business model, however, candidates with excellent writing skills and customer service skills will be also considered. In return we offer a highly creative, flexible, and fun environment, with the opportunity to try out new things.
- Build out the customer experience function and lead the day to day operations
- Be the first point of contact for all app users including email, app store and website, ensuring all communication is answered promptly and with the highest level of service.
- Provide technical support to our app users and flag technical issues on the app to the relevant team.
- Respond to any user complaints from the app and website and liaise with the product team to investigate any recurrent technical issue.
- Liaise with the content and product teams to ensure users complaints have a suitable resolution.
- Advise users on subscription policies and support with subscription related issues.
- Create support articles to update the help centre in order to reduce ticket volume
- Define methods and metrics for identifying customer care success and failure
- Perform user experience research including interviews
- Monitor customer satisfaction ratings
- Monitor ticket and team responses
- Work on additional projects contributing to our company mission as reasonably requested.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 2+ years working in customer care at a high-growth startup / scaleup
- Have ideally worked for consumer mobile application companies and/or consumer products with a freemium/subscription based business model
- Excellent IT skills, comfortable with Mac and, if possible, experience with Zendesk
- Good knowledge of customer service practices
- Prior experience of conducting user experience research
- Technical aptitude and ability to learn software programs
- Positive, can-do attitude and approach to day-to-day challenges
- Creative and willing to bring new ideas to the table as we will be working on new projects
- Resourceful and able to work with limited supervision and able to use personal initiative
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fantastic interpersonal skills
- Highly organised with experience directing others
- Confident with the ability to deliver dazzling written customer service
Working at Glorify
At Glorify, we want to bridge the gap between Christian and secular technology. To do this we need to hire the best team and bring a world-class product and UX to an underserved and highly targeted global Christian Audience. The market is huge, the opportunity is enormous and the time is now. We are focussed on hiring a diverse team to help us in our mission of becoming the largest global Christian digital platform.
We are a central London-based start-up, aspiring to bring the Glorify experience to people all over the world. With a commitment to create a leading-edge app to enrich peoples’ lives, our team takes every decision with our end-users in mind. At Glorify, everything we do is guided by Christian principles, entrepreneurial values and an unrelenting pursuit of excellence.
If you are looking to join a driven, fast-growing team, and are excited by the idea of seeing yourself in this role at Glorify, apply now.
Salary range: £30,000-35,000 p/a