What is Howbout? 🎈
Howbout is a social planning app that modernises the calendar and the way you organise your social & personal life. It helps you instantly find a date you’re all free, easily organise any in-person or virtual event and quickly manage everything you’ve got going on.
Following a really exciting 1st year – where we were downloaded 30,000 times, were featured 3x by Apple, helped users in >100 countries organise more than 700 events a day and got backing from a senior Snapchat exec – we’re looking to grow our team and take Howbout to the next level. For more information about Howbout, check out our website.
Who are we looking for? 👋
We’re looking for a full-time Head of Marketing who will strategise, lead and manage all of our marketing efforts, alongside the founding team. You’ll be contributing new ideas and executing marketing campaigns that will grow our userbase, drive brand awareness and help us achieve our ambitious growth goals for 2021.
What’s the role? 💻
- As Head of Marketing, you’ll lead, plan and execute all marketing campaigns and activities alongside the CEO
- Given our early stage, we’re looking for someone with awesome communication skills, a strong work ethic, and the ability to work flexibly in an agile start-up environment
- Although your main role will be focused on marketing, you will be working closely with the founding team, allowing you to provide input on key business issues
What will you be doing? 🎨
- Heading up our social media efforts, which includes accounts on Instagram, TikTok, Facebook and LinkedIn
- Planning and executing annual, seasonal and ad hoc marketing campaigns, including launching at various UK universities
- Ideating, designing and posting content and company updates via our key comms channels (e.g. social media and email)
- Creating, analysing and optimising paid ads across various platforms (incl. social media platforms, Google Ads and Apple Search)
- Working with social media influencers, agencies and partners to promote the brand
- Drafting press releases and liaising with press and journalists
- Blog writing and general copywriting
What do we need from you? 😃
- A passion for social media, graphic design and branding
- Good understanding of how to communicate, create content for and market to millennials and Gen Z
- A creative mind with critical thinking skills and the ability to understand and act upon user analysis
- A strong work ethic and team player mentality
- A quick learner who’s up to date with social trends and ready to hit the ground running
- A sense of humour – we don’t take life too seriously and our brand tries to reflect this!
- Prior experience and / or strong interest in technology or consumer startups
What’s in it for you? 🙌
- Full-time leadership position at a high growth tech startup
- Opportunity to shape the company, role and function as one of the company’s earliest employees
- Remote working during Covid, including a contribution towards your WFH setup
- Post-pandemic, flexible WFH policy
- Regular company events with a young, social team
- Early finish Fridays
- Training and career progression opportunities
- + more as we continue to grow and expand our office, team and social perks
What’re the next steps? 🤝
If you’re interested, please shoot us your CV along with 3 things you hate about planning and we’ll be in touch.