At Nleru Ventures, OUR WHY and DRIVE is INVESTING IN NIGERIAN FOUNDERS AND NIGERIAN BUSINESSES. We invest in Nigerian founders and Nigerian businesses globally. We identify the best early-stage growth-driven startups with the potential to become billion dollar companies. We work closely with the startup, providing them pre-seed funding, professional services and advisory services.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a university student or graduate with less than 1 year investment analysis experience with keen interest to gain useful work experience as an Investment Analyst.
- Perform all elements of company analysis, sector analysis, economic analysis and idea generation
- Perform ongoing analysis and monitoring of active portfolio investment
- Share key insights and key recommendations with the team
- Attend meetings with management teams of current and potential investments and other value chain stakeholders of current and potential investments
- Develop specific market knowledge in sustainable sectors and impact focussed sector
- Write investment cases, investment blogs, market commentary and other content as required
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in our value chain
Essential Qualifications / Experience
- Able to commit to working every Saturday from 9 am – 5 pm UK time for 3 - 6 months.
- Strong desire to gain valuable work experience as an Investment Analyst
- Willingness to gain in-depth knowledge and understanding of the Nigerian financial market dynamics and performance drivers
- Proficient/willingness to construct, maintain and interpret financial models
- Proficient in Excel
- Proficient/willingness to learn Python for investment modelling and analysis
- Proficient in conducting research
- Doing or completed a quantitative related bachelor’s degree
Essential Skills / Competencies
- Candidate has a strong work ethic, can work independently and proactive
- Candidate is flexible, commercial orientated and works well in a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Fluent in English with strong writing and oral presentation skills.