Are you ready to step into the fast-paced world of fintech? We’re Pollinate. We combine the agility and flexibility of a high growth company with the global ambitions and backing of an established brand.
We are looking for enthusiastic and talented individuals to help us build out a data analytics function at Pollinate.
With amazing access to large, interesting datasets there are some great problems to be solved and opportunities to be realized. The work will involve engineering large model frameworks and promotion patterns. We will be building insights for businesses across, first, the UK and subsequently many more regions.
The role title – Analytics Engineer – places you at the confluence of data science and data engineering. There will be great opportunities to work on a range of analytical projects.
You will be aiding the development of an analytics platform through:
- Building data science & analytics products at scale across regions.
- Automating data science and engineering processes.
- Helping to engineer thorough testing frameworks for big data problems.
- Developing privacy tooling and frameworks
- Exploring new analytics products for business innovation.
What we are looking for
- A background in programming – a computer science degree would be nice but is by no means required.
- Any Data Engineering or Science experience would be positive.
- Good knowledge of Python, SQL and ideally one statically typed language (C#, Java, Scala etc.)
- Experience of Git
- Spark and/or PySpark knowledge/understanding (nice to have)
- Experience with Kubernetes and the Kubeflow Platform (nice to have)
Who we are looking for
- Be able to work in fast changing environment and deliver within very tight deadlines
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
- Strong team collaboration skills essential
- High energy and drive that suits a start-up environment
- Comfortable working outside of rigid structures and frameworks
More about Pollinate
We at Pollinate think banks have the potential to do more, to be more, and to reclaim the central role in the lives of their business customers. So we are working side by side with them to deliver the technology to help merchants grow and create unforgettable payment experiences to customers. With big global banking clients already under our belt, from NatWest to National Australia Bank, we are growing rapidly, and we need talented people like you to join us on our journey.
As part of Pollinate, you’ll be working with experts across payments, technology, customer experience, and financial services, supported by a world-class network of partners. Workplace wellbeing and inclusivity is very important to us – this year, in addition to internal support, we rolled out the mental health platform, Unmind, company-wide to support each employee’s individual wellbeing journey.
Our platform has picked up multiple industry awards, including ‘Banking Innovation of the Year’ at the 2020 Future Digital Awards, and the ‘Innovation Frontier’ award at the Celent Model Bank 2020 Awards through our work with NatWest’s Payit. We’re also currently shortlisted in the Women in Tech Employer Awards 2020.
Join us to be a key part of a team that’s changing the future of payments, with the freedom to make your mark. Together, we’ll push the boundaries of what’s possible with payment enabled merchant services for SMEs around the world.
What we stand for
- We believe we are better together when we listen, engage and support each other, we want you to bring your expertise and experience to work every day
- We are passionate about what we are doing and want you to share this with us, enjoy your time with us, stay calm under pressure and bring positive energy to the team
- We are all on a journey together, we want your ambition and flexible mind set to embrace the twists and turns as we grow as a business
Pollinate offers great benefits including up to 20% bonus, Pension, Life Assurance, Health Cash Plan, CSOP as well as flexible working hours. Our home is an attractive, modern open plan office in a great City location, but we’ve been working from home for the last few months, and plan to continue working flexibly for the foreseeable future.
This Job Description covers the main areas of your responsibilities.
It is not an exhaustive list.
We only accept applications from candidates with the right to work in the UK.