Atom Learning, one of the UK’s fastest growing education technology startups, is hiring for a UX Designer.
Atom Learning is an online learning platform that is making education fairer. We want to provide all children whatever their background and wherever they are in the world with an affordable, high-quality education. To achieve our goal, we are combining exceptional teacher-made content with machine learning to keep students on their optimal learning paths.
Atom Learning is growing rapidly with hundreds of schools in the UK and abroad using the platform and thousands of independent subscribers. We have partnered with one of the largest global publishing houses with distribution into thousands of schools in the UK and abroad; we are in talks with national governments to develop their digital learning strategies; and we’re just getting started!
We are ranked one of the UK’s top 100 startups by Startups100, are a finalist for the AI Award in the Lloyds Bank Business Awards, won the Best AI-based Solution for Education in the AI Breakthrough Awards, were a finalist in the Education Investor awards 2018 and Amazon Growing Business Awards 2018 as Young Company of the Year.
We are a growing team of 70 with offices in Soho (currently working remotely); we have big ambitions and anticipate being a team of at least 150 in a year’s time.
Atom Learning is looking for a UX Designer to join the team at our offices in Soho. The UX Designer join the design team and work alongside the product and technology teams to ensure the design and interface of our web apps and communications reflect the quality of the underlying product. You will work in an agile environment, conducting user studies, prototyping and wire-framing new features and designs, as well as improving existing designs.
- You will work with the product development team to understand requirements and iterate on creative, thoughtful solutions.
- You will communicate the user experience at various stages of the design process with wireframes, flow diagrams, storyboards, mockups, and/or high fidelity prototypes.
- You will conduct user studies uncovering customer pain points and constantly gather user feedback on our product.
- You will integrate user feedback and customer requirements into ongoing updates of our products.
- You will advocate for the prioritisation of design-entered changes and improvements to our products.
- You will support and maintain our design system to ensure scalability of design.
- You will instil a design culture in the company as a whole.
- You will support the design of marketing and communication materials to ensure company brand consistency.
- Experience designing responsive websites and apps (mobile, tablet, desktop);
- Wireframing experience;
- Knowledge of an industry design tool such as Sketch, InVision, Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Zeplin and OmniGraffle;
- Solid understanding of user-centered design and interaction design principles;
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills;
- An interest in being a part of a growing business;
- Strong work ethic and highly ambitious;
What we offer:
- 28 days holiday + bank holidays;
- Flexible/remote work;
- Competitive pay;
- Full auto-enrolment workplace pension;
- High degree of autonomy and exposure to the running of all business areas of a successful start up;
- The opportunity to become an integral member of a fast growing technology company;
- Frequent team dinners and drinks;
- An office on Dean Street, Soho.