Motorway, the UK’s fastest-growing used car marketplace, is seeking an ambitious Senior Product Manager to join our team based in London.
We help private car owners sell their car for the best possible price through a UK-wide network of specialist car dealers. Our innovative, online journey has redefined the experience of selling a car, generating thousands of monthly sales, disrupting a market that’s seen little change in decades and helping us to grow to a team of over 100 across 3 offices.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing startup in the early stages, build amazing products, and change an industry.
Joining our Product team of 24 talented developers, designers and product managers, you’ll have overall ownership of the end-to-end customer journey on our seller-facing website (motorway.co.uk). Working in a cross-functional squad, you’ll be responsible for managing product discovery, scoping, roadmapping and delivery.
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers and the market, using quantitative and qualitative techniques to identify the most important problems for us to solve.
- Collaborate with marketing, commercial and data teams to understand business goals and marketing strategy.
- Collaborate with designers and developers to research and define innovative solutions to those problems and goals.
- Create and own an ambitious product roadmap for your team, aligned with our wider strategy and vision.
- Take complete ownership of product delivery from conception through to delivery (and beyond), constantly helping to unblock the team and making sure they have everything they need to succeed.
- Work with our data team to define metrics for measuring success and regularly monitor and report on the performance of products and new features.
- Manage feedback and feature requests from customers and internal stakeholders.
- Champion the product and be responsible for communicating product launches both internally and externally.
What we’re looking for
- Demonstrable commercial experience in a consumer product management role. Experience working on marketplaces or e-commerce products is a bonus.
- Experience of conversion rate optimisation and A/B testing. An understanding of SEO best practices would be beneficial.
- An ability to create business growth and change, demonstrated by a track record of delivering products or features with significant positive outcomes.
- A customer-centric attitude. You strive to create amazing customer experiences, even in the face of technical or operational challenges.
- Sound knowledge of web technologies and web development practices.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong visual and product taste, resulting in products that have the wow factor and first-class UX.
- A natural collaborator who enjoys working with all areas of the business, including sales, marketing, content and data teams.
- Drive to win and a willingness to take bold decisions when necessary.
- A great team player with a strong sense of humility.
What we offer
- A competitive salary
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity leave
- Annual learning budget
- Pension Scheme
- Flexible working (approximately 2-3 days in the office a week)
- The option to work remote for a full month each year
- £2,500 equipment allowance with flexibility to choose Mac or Windows and peripherals
- Regular social events
- Discounted Calm membership
- The chance to join a rapidly growing company that cares first and foremost about its people
- The chance to work with an experienced and passionate team with a big vision
- The opportunity to build products that have real impact and will change an industry
Equal Opportunities Statement:
Motorway is committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. We believe our workforce should reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.