We are seeking a Senior DevOps Platform Engineer who will be responsible for our Microsoft Azure delivery platform, the multiple development, test and staging environments and the publishing pipelines for code and content. We are moving from a squad derived approach to “devops as a function” owning the environments and delivering a tightly controlled pipeline that continues to give us a predictable and reliable service.
This is an autonomous role where you will use your expertise to deliver a strategy to manage this transition and implement a best of breed design. You will work with the development squads and leads to design the proposed pipelines and then maintain and secure them from an integrity perspective.
You will demonstrate extensive experience in DevOps Engineering, be a technical expert applying best practices and provide support and guidance to both your team and the development squads. You will be a key player in optimising and enhancing the Push Doctor Technology Platform.
- Develop standard application stacks to address common use cases
- Build on the prototype application stacks to deliver a production ready environment that can be scaled to meet future requirements
- Design and implement automation solution for deployment, upgrade and operation of application stacks that can be reused across multiple projects
- Design and implement monitoring solution for application stacks that can be reused across multiple projects
- Conforming to best practices in network administration and cybersecurity.
- Work with the Engineering teams and the business to deliver solutions that meet their emerging requirements
- Work with Tech Leads to develop of Standard Operational Patterns that can be rolled out across the business and to engineers who need to work in our cloud based environments
- Work with the Cloud Architect to design and implement automation, monitoring and management functions for Azure based applications
- Integrate Azure metrics and alerts with existing Enterprise monitoring and management solutions
- Work with application teams to analyse performance requirements and determine correct size of Azure environment for a give use case
- Undertake mentoring and knowledge transfer to develop the Platform Engineering function within the company
- Ensure that Push Doctor is driving value from central management of cloud solutions
Skills & Experience required:
- Strong Azure Platform Engineering skills in particular VMSS, Azure Files, App Service, Azure AD and VNet/network configuration
- Good communicator able to work with application teams to understand their requirements and explain how these will be met in Azure
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, lean and deadline driven organisation.
- Able to work under pressure and to ask for support when required
- Ability to quickly undertake evaluation of competing products in order to determine which best meets the companies requirements
- Able to automate complex operational and technical processes using industry standard tools
- In-depth knowledge of cloud environments and typical technology stacks employed in them
- In-depth understanding of Cloud security issues and solutions
- Background in Platform/OS engineering, both Linux and Windows experience is required.
Push Doctor was the UK's first platform to offer video consultations with patients online and via smartphone – offering quick, easy and convenient access to NHS-trained, GMC-registered doctors.
Today, Push Doctor is a leading online GP provider and remote consultation enabler in the UK, connecting thousands of patients each week with clinicians and appointments available in minutes.
Push Doctor has a current reach of 5.4 million people. Partnering with NHS GP practices and hospitals across Yorkshire, the Northwest, Midlands, London and the South East, Push Doctor provides patients with the option of a remote digital consultation.
Our product offering continues to evolve in our quest to unlock the potential of remote digital consultations. We aim to use technology to improve the ease, convenience and safety of health care for both the health care system and for patients. Push Doctor is the digital provider rated most highly by the Care Quality Commission.
Push Dr Values:
We are curious, caring and passionate. We have experienced healthcare ourselves and use research and insight to understand the aspects of healthcare we have yet to experience. Whenever empathy seems out of reach, we are proactive in bringing it into focus.
We carve the path for others to follow, setting industry standards and transforming healthcare for the better. We are anything but new to this and have so much to be proud of. Together, we are unstoppable.
Everything we do should add value to our service. We optimise and occasionally overhaul every aspect of the experience we provide, challenging expectations of what health can (and should) be. This isn’t something that happens overnight, so we need to be resilient and never lose faith.
Benefits & Additional information
- Competitive Salary
- In house gym
- Ping Pong table
- Free snacks / food / drinks / fruit in the office
- Flexible working hours
- Working from Home Policy
- Life Insurance
- Enhanced family friendly policies
- EAP helpline
- Meditation app - Headspace