Ocushield is on a mission to protect peoples eyes in the digital age, one screen at a time. The brand was started by Optometrist Dhruvin Patel in 2014 as a final year dissertation into ‘the impacts of blue light on peoples eyes’. The dissertation turned into some grant funding from his university to go and create products to limit this blue light exposure & Ocushield was born.
Fast forward to today, Ocushield develops a full ecosystem of blue light products which limit harmful blue light from screens, protecting eyes and improving sleep whilst not a screens colour contrast. Ocushield has sold over 100,000 + products worldwide & has been featured in Forbes, Mashable, The Guardian, The Wall Street Journal and CNET.
It has a fast growing B2B & Retail division with listings in Best Buy, HSN, Fry’s Electronics, URBN Outfitters, Office Depot & more.
It’s headquarters are in London.
Working directly with the founder, E-commerce Manager and marketing manager, you will:
- Identify partnerships with brands, personalities and communities to help raise brand awareness and sales such as mums net, sleep doctors etc
- Make partnerships commercially beneficial through both partners via affiliate commission
- Reach out to marketplaces and setup on online marketplaces in different territories, non-Amazon e.g ETSY, Newegg, FNAC & Darty
- Check in with current partners regularly to see how we can improve the partnership
Partnerships with brands & communities
- Researching niche experts & platforms/blogs who have communities via newsletters or blog and get them recommending our products
- Establishing contact with niche experts & platforms/blogs who have communities via newsletters or blog and get them recommending our products
- Get them set up on our affiliate platform Refersion, manage commission structures and payouts
- Working with brands that can recommend or sell our products to their following or can help elevate our brand positioning
Marketplace activation & management
- Launch online marketplaces and get Ocushield selling on their platform (we already have a dozen who want us on board that need immediate attention)
- Following this research and identifying which marketplaces are worth our time and strategising launch plans
- Review e-commerce teams audits and identify any errors in their work in regards to listings
- Liaise with marketplace manager for any optimisations and seek to improve marketplace performance
- You have min 2 year experience in a a partnerships/biz dev role
- You have min 2 year experience on seller side on Amazon or any other marketplace
- Quick learner, hustler and willing to get a 100 no’s for a yes
- You live and breathe business development and getting results
- You are super organised and can utilise software to make follow ups and work easier
- You’re a self starter with an entrepreneurial attitude and can working independently
- You are proactive: you anticipate and prevent potential problems rather than deal with them when they arise
- You have experience with Amazon seller portal, affiliate marketing and brokering partnerships
CULTURE & VALUES
Culture fit is as important as experience or skills so make sure you share our values:
#healthiswealth You are passionate about wellness, health and tech
#raisingtheceling You step out of your comfort zone and take risks
#goteam Success of the team and company comes first
#humility You don't take yourself too seriously. Nobody’s perfect!
#straightalking You say what you do and you do what you say - and you get sh*t done
- Flexible working arrangements: mix of remote and office (TBD)
- Hands-on involvement in growing a start-up, great for anyone wanting to one day launch their own business
- You will grow in the role and build you own team
- You will work in a faced-paced environment that values ownership, creativity and wellbeing.
- You’ll be representing an innovative and inspiring brand at the intersection of food, health and sport.
- You get free Ocushield product to protect your eyes, sleep and skin!
- Be mentored by an experience Amazon manager of over 10 years on marketplaces +
- Be mentored by a founder who has 4 years + experience in partnerships
- 28 days annual leave
Salary £25-32k per annum + commission on affiliate partnerships brought in