Accounts Payable/Office Manager
Experienced accounts payable/office manager wanted to help create exceptional scaled down classic cars at The Little Car Company
Compensation: based on experience + share options + bonus scheme
Location: The Little Car Company Headquarters, Bicester Heritage
Holiday: 25 days per year, option to take 1 month off unpaid per year after 1 year service
Share options scheme: After 6 months with us - we want everyone to feel ‘ownership’ of the company
Start date: ASAP
Reports to: Finance Director
C-19 friendly process: We'll likely do the majority of initial interviews by video call, but will look to meet candidates in person (as per Govt. guidelines and where safe and suitable to do so) before final decision is made at Bicester.
The Little Car Company
As it says in the name, we make little cars. But they're more than a little bit special.
The Little Car Company makes officially-branded drivable little cars for luxury high-end motor manufacturers. They are 75% scale, 100% electric and 200% fun tributes to classic cars; boasting swappable batteries, a sliding pedal box, regenerative braking and different driving modes. We’re already making cars for Bugatti and Aston Martin and there are more to follow.
Beautifully engineered vehicles don't just appear at our client's front doors - they are a result of months and sometimes years of meticulous design, dedicated craftsmanship, uncompromising testing and a personal customer experience second to none.
That doesn't happen without an exceptionally talented team fuelled by a determination to create truly remarkable vehicles, whilst having a ton of fun along the way. We work with the best car manufacturers in the business, so are only looking to recruit amazing talent to our small but highly functioning team.
We are building something special, an environment where everyone looks forward to their Monday mornings (our CEO Ben literally bounds out of bed each morning) and everyone in the company knows the difference they are making and can see how much value they are adding every day.
It helps that our products are pretty awesome too, meaning you get to answer the quintessentially British ‘So what do you do?’ question with ‘I’m part of this cool little company that makes scaled down, fully electric classic cars’.
We need an enthusiastic and experienced bookkeeper/accounts manager to assist the Finance Director in managing the day to day finance activities of the business. An integral role within the business, you will be responsible for managing accounts payable and assisting the finance director on bookkeeping duties where required. Additionally this role will have an oversight on our new facility at Bicester Heritage covering the role of office manager. We’re a fast moving start up, and a ‘can do’ attitude is essential. You’ll report directly to the Finance Director.
The day-to-day responsibilities:
Accounts Payable/Bookkeeping (70% of time)
- Managing accounts payable inbox
- Recording and logging invoices received
- Seeking relevant signoff on payments
- Processing employee expenses and credit cards
- Set-up invoices and expenses for payment
- Reconciliation of payments
- Resolve invoice discrepancies
- Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date
- Be the point of contact for suppliers regarding payments
Office Management (30% of time)
- ‘Own’ the office environment and manage all aspects relating to the Bicester office
- Ad hoc HR duties
What you bring to the table:
- 5 years+ experience in accounts payable/bookkeeping role
- ‘Can do’ attitude
- Attention to detail
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Discretion in dealing with sensitive information
- Team Player. Working coherently with other team members to deliver to the highest standards
- Enthusiastic & passionate about what you do and our products - striving to go the extra mile.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of SAP preferred, but any accounting system knowledge seen as a major asset
- Formal accountancy training
- Experience in office management
- Experience working in a fast paced, start up environment
- Comfortable working in a fairly unstructured environment where you have plenty of autonomy – we’re a pretty flat structure, as we expect everyone to be high-performing and self-managing. It’s an entrepreneurial environment which keeps things interesting, but isn’t for everyone!
- Switched on and can take the initiative, you don't need to be told what to do all the time. We want people who look for problems and solve them without being asked.
- Self-motivating – you’ll have full support along the way but we won’t hold your hand throughout.
- Ability to use Excel / PowerPoint / Outlook. Experience in Slack is useful, but not critical
…and lots more. Being a start-up, we’d expect whoever assumes the role to have adaptability, flexibility and can-do attitude.
Details / perks
- Full time in at The Little Car Company’s brand new HQ at Bicester Heritage, the UK’s first automotive campus. It is a stunning place for any car enthusiast to be based.
- Competitive salary and 25 days holiday a year
- Opportunity for equity ownership / stock options and compensation will increase as we grow – ultimately you are in control of your destiny and the rewards will be there for the right people
- Flexible working - family friendly employer
Bugatti Baby II in the news
Drive Nation / Instagram
Please provide a cover letter / email with a brief description of your background, relevant experience and what makes you different from everyone else. A brief note (400 words max) explaining why you would be interested in working with us would be appreciated.
Should you not hear from us by the end of the job posting period, it is likely you have been unsuccessful on this occasion - we will, however, keep all CVs on file for future roles as we grow.