Role: Part-time Business Development Associate/Manager (Commission-Based)
Location: London UK/Flexible
Metadvice is a global healthcare technology startup utilizing the power of technology and
advances in medical science to enable a future where everyone can live longer healthier lives.
Metadvice works with providers and pharma to answer questions of clinical importance using
AI and advanced analytics methods.
Metadvice is currently in an exciting stage of company development where there is lots of
opportunity for growth. We are looking for a talented Business Development team member to
join our brilliant team of individuals on a part-time commission basis. The individual will bring
knowledge of the pharma landscape and imagination, passion and drive to develop
relationships and drive pharma revenue growth. This role has excellent potential to convert to a
full-time salaried position for the right candidate.
Be a key part of the team specialising in pharma-focused applications of machine learning
models in precision medicine. We work with leading healthcare organisations and on a global
scale, including operations in the UK, Switzerland and the US. Through this work you will get
excellent exposure and opportunities to learn and grow within the role and company.
● Generate revenue as an individual contributor through the sale of large deals focused on
RWE data insights to life sciences companies (pharma, biotech).
● Work closely with Founders, Leadership Team, company Advisors and Data
Scientists/Engineers who are developing models for optimization of therapies for
complex chronic diseases such as cardiometabolic disease.
● Systematically compile lists of relevant individuals in the pharma industry using
databases, clinical trial search methods, and publications.
● Collate marketing material of relevant interest using an individualised marketing and
targeting approach working together with the Metadvice team. Help review and
refine material for optimum deal flow.
● Proactive and systematic outreach to generate qualified leads, via standard
platforms such as linkedin, and business development methods and tools. Maintain
a high quality process and CRM.
● Play an important part in the commercialization of Metadvice technology.
● Possess clinical or pharma expertise or an academic background to be viewed as a
credible in the eyes of key stakeholders in life sciences companies. Some experience or
familiarity with pharma processes and organisational structure is key.
● Be able to lead key customer relationships and build credibility with new customers.
● Ability to collaborate with the rest of the team to strategize and implement the short- and
long-term revenue growth objectives of the company.
● Be hands-on in leading an end-to-end BD process from prospecting to close.
● Strong communication skills. Able to articulate and deliver clear and concise messages
internally and externally with excellent presentation skills.
● Confident self-starter, comfortable initiating and defending ideas, working in a
fast-paced dynamic startup environment, maintaining high quality standards, values
● Experience working with life science companies or good understanding of life science
● Understanding of the nuances of the sales cycle and the complexities of selling into
the life sciences space a plus
● Experience in selling data-driven platforms addressing condition specific clinical
research a plus
● Experience in cardiometabolic or complex/chronic disease area a plus
● MSc, PhD or MBA degree completed or nearing completion
● 5% commission on all deals closed
● Opportunities for significant growth, access to high quality industry experts, and
opportunity for future full-time salaried role if interested
● Team flexibility, our team is based in London, UK, Lausanne Switzerland, and US,
with ability to drive own schedule and process to meet results