Motorway is reinventing how cars are bought and sold online. With just a few taps, private car sellers can compare live offers for their car online, select their best deal and sell it within 24 hours. To make this possible, we work with over 1,000 professional car buyers and dealerships nationwide, offering them instant access to private car sellers through an automated technology platform.
With over 1m sale enquiries in the last 12 months, we’re a team of over 110 with offices in Brighton and Central London, and recently raised £10m in funding to fuel further growth.
We are excited to be looking for a Transport / Logistics Manager who will support our dealer network by managing our logistics partners, ensuring they have the best possible experience using Motorway.
About the role
We have partnered with some of the country's leading Logistics Companies who provide our network of dealers with transport for purchased cars from private sellers, to dealerships around the country. Our Transport / Logistics Manager will manage our portfolio of partners and grow the product. You will be responsible for maintaining strong relationships with our logistics providers and manage a small but growing transport team.
This role will involve:
- Upscaling our logistical operations.
- Meeting and selecting potential new partners, negotiating contracts and rates.
- Ensuring our partners adhere to our high standards and maintain quality throughout the logistics process.
- Updating and evaluating metrics and SLA agreements to assess performance and implement enhancements.
- Identifying, resolving and escalating issues affecting the team or its processes.
- Maintaining good relationships with our logistics partners and dealerships.
- Producing quarterly reports for stakeholders.
- Working closely with other managers across the business to make sure customer experience is fluid throughout.
You will have:
- Excellent relationship building skills - you’ll be able to rapidly build rapport and trust with potential partners.
- A background in the logistics Industry, preferably within the automotive sector.
- A strong understanding of the motor industry including independent and franchise dealer groups and how they operate.
- A data first approach.
- Good knowledge of logistic platforms and planning tools.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Good attention to detail and highly organisational skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- The ability to use your own initiative and foresight to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- The ability to motivate a team, especially at times of great pressure.
What we offer
- A competitive salary
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity leave
- Pension Scheme
- Discounted Calm membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to Learnerbly with your own budget to use once you have passed probation to further enhance your skills and career
- The chance to join a rapidly growing company that cares first and foremost about its people
- The chance to work with an experienced and passionate team with a big vision
- A fun working environment with regular social events
Equal Opportunities Statement:
Motorway is committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. We believe our workforce should reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.