Job Title: Head of Technology
Company: London Real
Location: Shoreditch, London
Reporting to: Senior Leadership Team
Working Hours: 09:00 – 18:30 (Monday to Friday)
About London Real
Founded in 2011, we are an independent global media company with an online platform with over 500 million views on YouTube and over 3,000,000 subscribers viewing our content across all channels weekly. We have recorded over 1000 interviews with some of the most influential and inspirational people in technology, science, sports, entertainment, politics, and wellness.
At London Real, our mission is to transform humanity into a fully empowered, conscious, and cooperative species. We are a lean, agile and very ambitious organisation focused on continuous improvement in our products, content, and our processes.
Main Purpose of Role
Reporting to the Senior Leadership Team, the Head of Technology will be responsible for London Real´s website development and technology solutions, development standards, processes, and policies. The successful candidate will have 8-10 years of experience and have a proven track record in web development and solutions. This position offers an exciting opportunity for the right person to work in a fast-paced environment at one of the world´s fastest-growing long-form interview providers
- Defining and executing the technology strategy, ensuring future focus and alignment with the strategic outcomes of the business.
- Identifying, owning, and managing the risks to technology and business strategy.
- Negotiating and managing technology partners.
- Ensuring web standards, security and performance, quality assurance, and governance are defined and managed appropriately.
- Managing the technology team.
- Having overall ownership of all technology function aspects including QA, portfolio of projects, and performance of core systems.
- Being an expert in WordPress and website management to
- 8-10 years’ experience as a Senior Developer or Head of Technology is essential.
- Expert in WordPress and website management tools.
- Knowledge of web analytics, dashboards, and SEO.
- Deep understanding and knowledge of emerging technologies.
- Educated to Degree level or relevant experience.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, including the ability to explain complex concepts and technologies to leadership.
- Troubleshoot and analytical skills.
- A passion for digital media and Freedom of Speech.
- Strategic thinker.
- Leadership and negotiation skills.
- Take responsibility and ownership for your own work.
- Strong business acumen and commercial awareness.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise workload.
- Attention & accuracy to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Flexible, can-do attitude with the ability to react calmly in a pressurised situation.
If you believe that you are a suitable candidate and are looking for a fantastic opportunity to work at an expanding media company, then please apply now.