LayrCake is a bespoke software development company like no others! We build micro-services and Enterprise grade software in weeks not years. We are a fast-growing start-up with a lot of interesting projects. We develop exciting apps in house as well as for our clients. LayrCake’s unique solution makes developing bespoke mobile apps faster and to much higher standards.
We are fun and energetic start-up to work with. We truly value people who are passionate about their work, as well as working well under pressure and appreciate those who are proactive and they have a will to progress and improve.
At LayrCake we are ambitious in our work and thinking; we only go for the very best result. At the same time, we are no-nonsense in life and we enjoy an informal working atmosphere. And, there is always plenty of room for development!
The Role & Responsibilities
We are looking for a talented mid-level Frontend Developer to join our team. You will work closely with our CTO, software engineer and UX/UI designer.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working in a fast paced and exciting environment.
- You will be required to implement software at a high level of quality and taking responsibility for the product and your contributions to it.
- Write, review, deploy, and maintain code in mostly React Native
- Document the systems you help build, monitor, and maintain
- Coordinate with the rest of the team on prioritising feature requests and bugs
- Evaluate and recommend solutions to guide team decision making
- Debug production issues and implement fixes for them
- You will be expected to work to and feed into development standards & best practices.
- You will be comfortable and experienced working on software with a team, communicating ideas, and writing code that can be understood by others.
- You will be open to something completely different! As a start-up with plenty of ideas, we tend to be pretty "all hands-on deck" when something comes up that we need to get done
- You will have a minimum of 3 years of experience building production-grade user interfaces, ideally mostly in React Native code for both Android and iOS
- Experience programming for front-end development. You understand the impact of design decisions and can balance speed and quality.
- Your comfortable working with React Native, Angular, Typescript 9+
- You have experience working with testing frameworks such as Appium, Selenium, Jasmine, Jest and Mocha
- Experience in modern REST/JSON APIs, PWAs and relevant best practices.
- Experience and interest in design and user experience. We would love it if you think “UX is the most important aspect of a product’s success”
- Experience with Azure / AWS stack
- You have experience working within Agile/SCRUM teams
- Leverage open-source technologies and ideally, contribute back to the open-source community.
- You appreciate Continuous Deployment over Continuous Delivery.
- You hate having cross-browser/platform compatibility issues and love A/B testing!
- You've built and deployed something on the web or mobile (please send us a link)
- Passion for building customer focussed and highly scalable interfaces.
- A proactive attitude to innovate and solve complex problems.
- Experience working in early-stage start-ups
- You care about the product as well as the code
- You are curious and take initiative to explore new things
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You’ve used Trello boards
- You're able to work independently but enjoy collaborations and love feedback, not afraid to get involved with multiple projects.
- You’re a quick learner, always open-minded and curious, and eager to learn new skills.
- You’ve got a can-do attitude and have a proactive approach to your work
- Enjoy working on different kinds of problems
- Desire to blend within company culture
Working at LayrCake
We have offices in London Paddington. However, some of us are working remotely. We are flexible on working arrangements, as long as you will be able to catch up with us for occasional team meetings, socials and free drinks (lately as a Zoom session)!
- Company laptop and screen
- Flexible/ Remote Work
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Free Friday drinks (lately in Covid times.. a Friday catch up call)
- Team socials every month
- Salary based on your experience
We are looking for someone who brings the right technical energy to our company and would love to work with a fun and energetic start-up with lots of opportunities and great challenges.
Do you have this talent in you? And do you have a sense for design, but you want to code all day – get in touch!
We are looking forward to hearing from you and seeing your portfolio.
Thank you! The LayrCake Team