Boomerang Technology will provide a proprietary software solution to Corporate; Institutional; and Private capital to support their loan and asset servicing needs. Through utilisation of AI; API; OCR and Open Banking, the sector is ripe for disruption. The sector includes a mixture of players, all who build their offerings with technology as the after-thought. Boomerang will build the most comprehensive, evolving solution with proprietary technology as the foundation of the business. Loan servicing in the UK alone is a market of +£1tn.
The founder, Giles Tagg has experience in both Private and Institutional finance background and has underwritten in excess of £1bn of assets. He has a deep and thorough understanding of the shortcomings of the industry and how technology can disrupt this market.
An advisory board is being formed with participants from the industry and from start-up backgrounds and we are seeking a CTO to maximise this huge opportunity.
- Join as a co-founder in the business which will underpin technological automation and enable an industry shift within loan and asset servicing.
- You will be pivotal in designing and building our MVP
- You will be capable of owning all technical aspects of the product
- You will continue to lead the engineering team through development and business growth
- Work within a colossal financial sector, enabling modernisation and focused on efficiency.
- The company will target net-zero or a carbon positive work ethic to support global environmental goals.
Essential Experience & Skills:
- Extensive full-stack development experience, ability and willingness to develop initial MVP with very limited or without external engineering resources
- Enable the creation of proprietary technology to underpin the business
- Experience implementing best practice technical architecture and scalable solutions
- Strong desire to work within an early-stage start-up
- Able to translate business/user requirements and design technical solutions
- Strong project management skills
Additional Desirable Experience & Skills:
- Strong experience with AI; OCR; API and Open Banking technologies amongst others
- Data science experience
- Experience managing and growing tech teams
- Experience designing and executing product strategy
- Experience building web and mobile applications
- Interest in FinTech industries
- Eye for design - experience in UX / UI
Current Business Stage
- Seeking CTO co-founder to establish the business, raise capital and grow quickly
- The role will offer a significant equity stake to start, with the option of having priority access to a salary once the company receives funding
- We’re open to flexible proposals for remuneration to support the individual’s circumstances. These will be dependent upon candidate experience.
- Part-time initially with a view to becoming full-time in the next 6-12 months subject to performance and fund raising.
To apply, please attach a copy of your CV along with any other relevant portfolio links, social profiles etc.