Are you intelligent, ambitious, and a first rate problem-solver; looking to help build the future of one of London’s brightest SaaS/martech scale ups?
Here at Mention Me, we stand for a better way of doing marketing, one that is built on trust. And it’s working, our award-winning referral marketing platform has delivered nearly 1 million new customers and over £500M in revenue to our clients in the last 3 years!
We're proud of the technology and the product we've built, but we know we can do more.
We're looking for a Frontend Engineer who can collaborate with our design team and our engineers to help make the frontend experience at Mention Me really shine. We've recently begun the journey to React, TypeScript and GraphQL. We're on our way, and have laid some of the early foundations for accelerating the move away from our existing frontend (built using Twig and a smattering of jQuery). It's time to out with the old and get with the new, and we need your help doing it.
Your work will be shown to hundreds of thousands of people around the world every day and will help major companies make decisions about their referral strategies. We're looking for someone who can get involved in it all: collaborating with the existing team, building tools and technologies and delivering wonderful products.
What the job is all about:
- You will be responsible for frontend components of the Mention Me platform, working closely with the rest of the team
- You and the team will be responsible for making sure users have a great experience interacting with our products - everything from eye popping visual design through to clear and simple interaction design
- We code in React, Typescript, LESS, and our backend is powered by GraphQL, Symfony, PHP, and MySQL
- Your work will be put in front of millions of customers in over 20 languages - reliability, accessibility, internationalisation & scalability are all important
- You will be a key contributor in our tightly knit and dynamic engineering team
- The role will partner closely with other stakeholders like our Product and Design Teams
- We use a hybrid of Agile and Kanban to manage our processes
- Communication and teamwork is important to us; all engineers participate in cross-functional meetings and should be comfortable communicating and showcasing their work
- Security is always top of mind. Ideally, you'll know your XSS from your CSRF among others.
- The role will report to one of our Engineering Team Leads
- Have at least 2 years of commercial experience working with React, and preferably longer in software development
- You should have a passion for good design and some experience of working closely with a design team
- Comfortable moving fast, but also understand the complexities of the stack and strive to improve things with high quality code and great testing
- Be comfortable on the command line and be happy with the tools and processes of a modern software development environment, e.g. Git and Continuous Build/Integration/Deployment.
- Have a great undergraduate degree in CS or STEM, or equivalent experience
- Have the right to work in the UK
Any of the following (or equivalent) would be beneficial but not essential. We'll train you if you're not familiar.
- Experience with the following technologies (or equivalents): Typescript, GraphQL, Webpack, Storybook, Jest and ESLint
- Experience with PHP (Symfony) and Twig
We’re big on culture and strive to make Mention Me a great place to work. Here are just some of the reasons to join us.
The serious stuff:
- A salary in the range of £60,000-£85,000 p/a depending on experience, plus stock options
- A challenging but rewarding startup environment full of ambitious, talented and supportive individuals
- We're big on personal development: we offer an individual training budget, a mentoring programme and a personal challenge fund
- A fortnightly hack day to learn and experiment individually or as a team
- 25 days annual holiday (plus one day each year for up to five years) exc. bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Enhanced parental leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Client-based learning events
The fun stuff:
- A rainbow-themed workplace where casual dress, background music and enthusiastic celebrations are part of the everyday
- More refreshments than you can shake a stick at! We’re talking endless snacks, an assortment of teas and coffee, and a beer (and wine) fridge
- Regular social events, from team karaoke to sports clubs and gaming nights
- Free weekly massages
- The Wheel of Wow – impress your team for the chance to win prizes including an envelope of cash, a hotel stay or even a trip abroad
- Lots of pink tat, from a personalised mug to a pink hoodie and flamingo umbrella
- Company trips to the local pub
- Quarterly surprise office outings (think paddle-boarding the Thames, pasta-making and ukulele lessons), as well as a seriously fun end-of-year party.
- [During Covid we are mostly working remotely but there are a few people coming into the office, we are still trying to do interesting and fun activities remotely as much as we can - such as cooking lessons, gin tasting, clay modelling]
At Mention Me, we’re on a mission to put trust back into the heart of marketing. Our world-class programmes have delivered more than 1.4 million referrals totalling more than £500m in revenue (and counting!) for more than 400 brands around the globe.
Founded as a bootstrapped two-man company in 2015, we now employ more than 80 specialists and work with brands like Farfetch, Ocado Zoom and Nutmeg. Our work has been celebrated by awards including Showcase Startup at Retail Week’s Buzz conference, Best Tech Startup at Drapers Digital Festival, and Best Software as a Service at the Digital Experience Awards.
In 2018, we raised $7 million in funding from Eight Roads Ventures to fuel our next phase of growth as the market-leading referral platform.
Get a peek at our mention-me life at https://www.instagram.com/mentionme_share/
Check out our reviews https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Mention-Me-Rev...