We’re on a mission to make work an adventure and recruitment the most exciting thing companies do.
For our clients, each hire is the chance to find that next great person that will change their organisation - bringing fresh ideas and energy. For our candidates, each new role is the chance to develop professionally and personally, make new achievements, and meet new people. However, thanks to years of cumbersome, disengaging and expensive processes, recruitment has become something that both parties dread. Tempo is here to change that.
We launched in May 2017 and set about making this vision a reality. Our platform provides a different experience - we match people based on what really matters for modern work, bring roles and people to life using video, and enable varied ways for them to get to know each other before a match is confirmed (with an average time to hire of just 4 days, compared to industry average of 40 days). This experience has resulted in more than 75,000 candidates connected to 2,500 of the most exciting companies in the UK, including the likes of Monzo, Bulb, Drover and Goodlord to name a few.
The team has grown from 3 to 36 and we’ve attracted more than £8m of investment to accelerate our growth.
We’re now looking for a Data Lead to manage a team of data focused individuals in developing data focused tactical solutions for the company and drive their data strategy.
This role will;
- Build, motivate, and manage a talented in-house Data Team who will own data projects, ensure they are delivered on time and provide business value
- Develop innovative solutions focused on data from conception to commercialisation
- Be the go to person for data science & NLP expertise
- Develop the data strategy for capture and utilisation of data within Tempo
- Use data science to improve the automation aspects of the hiring platform
You’ll be the driving force of us becoming a data driven business and applying data science to achieve our organisational goals.
We’re a very curious business, keen to take an innovative approach within an industry that we believe is ready for some fresh thinking! Therefore, we’ll look for this role to help us answer (what we hope are interesting!) questions like;
- “How does a degree from a top performing university impact performance and success during the hiring process"?
- "How long a delay between interview stages results in a candidate becoming less motivated towards the company"?
- “What are the job skills that make candidates stand out?”
Over time, we are looking for this role to grow a larger function that drives our aspirations (and, indeed, help us to ensure they are the right ones - based on a sound data science approach!), being part of the journey as we explore new products and locations.