Exogene is a biotechnology startup accelerating the discovery of T-cell-receptor(TCR)-based cancer therapeutics for solid tumours by combining deep learning and high-throughput protein screening. We’re building a computational platform using deep learning to quickly and inexpensively identify new tumour targets shared across cancer patients, as well as safe and effective TCRs against these tumour targets for therapeutic application. Our mission is to develop better TCR-based immunotherapies, faster and at a fraction of the cost.
We’re backed by Entrepreneur First, the most successful startup accelerator in Europe.
We are setting up our wet-lab assays to analyse the antigen specificity of T-cell receptors (TCRs). These assays will serve to generate training data and validate our deep learning algorithm predicting the antigen specificity of TCRs.
As a Protein Scientist, you will lead the development of our in vitro TCR analysis assays. Your work will involve purifying recombinant TCRs and peptide-HLA complexes, and leveraging TCR display techniques to analyse the peptide specificity of TCRs from partnered and proprietary projects. You will be collaborating with our other cell biologists and protein scientists, our CTO, and our commercial partners to inform experimental design and ensure our deep learning algorithm becomes more powerful with each experiment. As the Protein Engineering team grows in the next 12 months, you’ll have the opportunity to lead and manage additional team members to expand our TCR analysis capabilities.
Success in this role will be enabled by tight collaboration with the founders and measured by your ability to 1) generate reproducible in vitro data on TCR antigen specificity, and 2) lead a small team of protein scientists as the company grows.
This is an opportunity to join the founders at an exciting stage to help build and shape our technology and culture.
- You will analyse the antigen specificity of TCRs from partnered and proprietary projects using TCR display techniques.
- You will purify TCR and pHLA proteins.
- You will be up-to-date with the most relevant academic research predicting TCR specificity.
- You will collaborate with the founders, our academic partners and our industrial partners.
- You will contribute to manuscripts for peer-reviewed publications.
Skills and Qualifications required
- PhD in Biochemistry, Molecular Immunology or similar. Alternatively, MSc with 3+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Hands-on experience in protein purification.
- Hands-on experience with flow cytometry.
- Hands-on experience in basic molecular biology techniques including PCR.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal – able to communicate technical information to a non-specialist audience.
Nice to have
- Prior experience with TCR and/or pHLA display techniques.
- Prior experience with mammalian tissue culture.
- Relevant peer-reviewed publications.
How to Apply
- Please send your CV and a cover letter (max 400 words).
- Applications will be reviewed on a first-come first-served basis.
Equal Opportunities Employer
At Exogene, we believe in getting as many points of view as possible – we support and celebrate diversity in our workforce, and we hire and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer.